The Alt.Country Club

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by erksin, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erksin

erksin Member

I might just be happy for you. :BEER

2. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Gave up the Pink Flesh for it but I couldnt see myself ever using the PF live or in the studio. I got money out of the deal too and I definitely need that with the paycheck issue.

3. hbentley

hbentley Member

yup...mike campbell is one of my all time favorite players. he seems like a super nice guy too.

4. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

TBIAC in the bag. Now all I want is a germ fuzz face.

5. tzamosti

tzamosti Silver Supporting Member

+1 on You Am I. After a few months spent in Sydney during Uni, I caught onto these guys. Never seen them before, though. I was pissed...they came to Philadelphia a few months back but singer got sick and cancelled the show. They were playing a real tiny place, too. Awesome songs...

Plus I get free CDs...a guy in my band is dating a girl who works for Yeproc!

6. erksin

erksin Member

'69...

:crazyguy

7. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Phoenix Custom Electronics the Fuzz :BEER

8. erksin

erksin Member

Or that I guess... :p

9. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

A Hartman wouldnt be bad either.

10. Bobbofallenstar

Bobbofallenstar Member

A friend of mine let me borrow his Klon Centaur over the weekend...

Damn.

Made my Fulltone Fulldrive II sound small. I tried for a short while to dial the fulltone into where the Klon was. Nope.

Called Bill at Klon today. I knew I shouldn't have tried it!

TP & the Heartbreakers at the Super Bowl. They sounded fine - the mix sucked though. I was scared that they were going to play a verse and a chorus medley of hits but was pretty stoked that they let Mike Campbell do some of his solos. Yes, they were abbreviated versions of them but it was good flavor. Got to see his signature model guitar plus that amazing double neck that he has - that thing sounds sooo good!

I've had the good fortune of opening up for Mike Campbell's other band - The Dirty Knobs. We all played Father's Day a few years back up in Santa Barbara and my wife (who is also our bass player) got to hang with Ron Blair for a little bit and talk bass - I made an ass of myself being a "fanboy" to MC but he was a true gentleman and really awesome. The worst part of it was I could see it all from above and from above I was yelling at myself "Back away! You're scaring him!"

And then ten minutes later I got called over by my friend "Come here there's someone I want to introduce you to..." I felt so dumb. But Mike was super nice.

It was one of those rare days - Mike, Ron Blair, Steve Ferrone, Ape and all their families - there was about 50-60 people at this party/gig and we all just hung out. And Mike's son's band played too! I distinctly remember his son's backup guitar was one of Mike's old Rickenbackers!!

11. ibobunot

ibobunot Member

The Cruel Sea is another great Australian band Ventures/BT & the MG's flavored instrumentals...

... and sometimes with Tex Perkins... :cool:

The Honeymoon Is Over

12. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

He makes great pedals. :BEER

13. Gretschdaddy

Gretschdaddy Member

Hear Hear Realfi - I too was switched onto Alt Country by the Scorchers: One of the most criminally ignored bands of ALL TIME and the one I most regret not seeing live- as those Youtube clips verify.

Jason - Fabulous songwriter and a cazed frontman and Warner E Hodges - guitar genius - Great songs great musicianship and a real sense of Joy in the physical act of making music. All contributors to this thread........Check em out.........Wonderful!!

14. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Are you still using that Lady Stardust?

15. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

I happened to see Jason solo at this rock festival in Finland a couple of years back, and he was really great! During the course of the gig he managed to rock hard, be hilariously funny, and then go on and sing some really beautiful ballads that almost brought tears to my eyes, standing there in the mid-day sun.

16. RomanS

RomanS Member

Yeah, Jason & The Scorchers were a band I really liked when I was in high school.

Jason Ringenberg is playing a solo gig here in Vienna in a couple of weeks, and my friends from the local "trash country" band Rewolfinger (who I sometimes play lap steel with) are going to be the support act - yay!

17. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Member

Basically I'm looking for something that will compliment my TopHat Club Royale (Vox AC30TB with a 2xEL84 power section). Has a good round-ish low end and good higher end sparkle. For drive tones I want something that can do a nice gritchy breakup to a chewy drive depending how everything is set/cranked. Trem/vibrato and reverb would be nice.

I've been eyeing the Swart AST for my next amp, so something along those lines...I've read that MIchael based the AST off of the Gibson Scout with a 6V6 power section instead of a EL84...

Oh lower watt power, pedal friendly...I'm sure more things will pop up as I think of them.

thanks for the help :)

18. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Member

Man, that guitar is killer...seems like Doozies are everywhere these days...

19. gtrshow

gtrshow Member

Insta-GAS!!! :crazyguy

20. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...

I've been thinking of adding one of the Dueseys lately too. I do need an alternate tone to the Teles on occasions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.