The Amazing Slow downer ......?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Has anyone ever heard of this? Supposedly it is software that allows you to slow a fast solo down, yet keep it in pitch making it easier to analyze what is being played.

I think there is a fee for the software..... anyone here ever use it or recommend it? :confused:

Mondoslug

Download the demo...it's free. It'll let you hear the first quarter of a tune up to 3 minutes.

It works great.

G

GuitaristZ

Windows Media Player has a plugin that does something like that...

just click View -> Enhancements -> Play Speed Settings

doesn't change the pitch either...so yeah...

steven.rogers

I have used the ASD before but now I use Transcribe. No particular reason, I was just more used to Transcribe. They serve pretty much the same purpose and I use it all the time for transcriptions.

CaptainCrunch

I have one called Song Surgeon. Can't remember how it compares feature-wise, I had the demo of Slowdowner as well, but basically does the same thing - lets you adjust speed, pitch, set a loop, has an EQ so you can better isolate a lead guitar, etc. Very useful in my opinion.

tomb

Windows Media Player has a plugin that does something like that...

WMP is ok if you need something quick and free but Amazing Slow Downer really works much better and gives you more control. The sound quality is much better also. For me it was worth the $50 or so that they charge.

jtwang

Very cool programs...would have saved me a couple of cassette decks if I had these apps 20 years ago.

I have a question though: Is there any way to reduce echo/delay that is bleeding into the original notes?

mark norwine

ASD is great! Pay the small fee, and it will play most anything.

Change tempo, change pitch, play loops, it's great!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone ever heard of this? Supposedly it is software that allows you to slow a fast solo down, yet keep it in pitch making it easier to analyze what is being played.

I think there is a fee for the software..... anyone here ever use it or recommend it? :confused:

Transcribe is better and it slows down videos as well as audio.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom