• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Amp Bias spreadsheet and more...

Slick51

Colonel Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I had lots of requests for my bias calculator spreadsheet (from another thread), so I posted it on my website (URL below). I also uploaded photos of some bias mods for 5150s (I & II) and the Fender Princeton Reverb II. BTW, the PRII bias mod works for the Deluxe Reverb II.

Use at your own risk. Just trying to help our community.

Slick51

sampleinajar

Thanks! I just downloaded it and checked it out. Very nice indeed, and you spent some time on the layout too. Cool!

Steve

Thanks, good info...and nice layout. By the way, I grew up in Woodbridge, VA, and my mom lives in Lakeridge. I currently live up in MD now.

Best Regards,
Bill

Slick51

Colonel Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the kind words. I had a version about 90% of this that I've used for a couple of years, so it took little work to put it in this final form. Instead of answering requests via email, I just wanted to put it out there so anyone could use it.

Good to hear from a local guy, too!

Later
Slick51

Lonely Raven

Good deal. I just downloaded it and took a look.
It's all done very well and looks quite nice!

I apprecaite your efforts!

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Nice work, Thanks!

...a couple boo-boo's though. EL34's dissipate 25 watts, and 6L6GC's 30 watts, max.

JJ 6V6's are 14 watt tubes...

Slick51

Colonel Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I knew this would happen, so I EXPLICITLY posted in the sheet that these dissipation values were from one source.

You are certainly welcome to enter any value you choose into this free tool, modify the tool to report a higher bias value (say 80% of max) or to use another tool for that matter.

This is my version of a gift horse....

Slick51

Trending Topics