The Amp Guts Appreciation Thread ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I appreciate seeing what makes my amp tick ....

Let's start off with a nice Hiwatt DR103. This is probably one of the nicest looking wiring jobs on the Planet.

.... and next, .... this is how Mesa does it. This is a Mesa Dual Rectifier head, SN R0860.

I'd like to see a pre SN R0500 and see what the big deal is?

.....moving right along, let's take a look at an old 71 Traynor YBA 1A amp

What a great design !! .... just like your car, pop the hood open and there ya have the motor !! .... neat how they stapled the schematics on the underside of the hood !

ok, so everybody, rip your amps apart and start snapping pics !

Last edited:

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
Okay... here goes...

Here is my current Number 1 amp - a 1990 Bassman Reissue that has been converted to PTP:

Next up, a former number one - Alessandro Working Dog Rottweiler:

Next... an outstanding amp, phenomenal gigging machine, Clark Kanee Reverb:

How about a Victoria 20112 ???

And finally, another take on the 5E3... an SDG Proluxe (5E3 with bigger transformers and the ability to run 6L6s for 25 - 30 watts!)

soldano16

What a great design !! .... just like your car, pop the hood open and there ya have the motor !!
It reminds me too much of a documentary I saw where a fellow had the top of his head sawed off for surgery but he was awake. So the film showed this guy talking to the camera and you could see his brain sticking up over the top of his head. It was VERY strange.

On a less weird note, here's my 63 non Top Boost AC-30.

indytruckboy

.....moving right along, let's take a look at an old 71 Traynor YBA 1A amp

What a great design !! .... just like your car, pop the hood open and there ya have the motor !! .... neat how they stapled the schematics on the underside of the hood !

ok, so everybody, rip your amps apart and start snapping pics !

Looks like freakin dynamite in there!!!:eek::eek::eek: I take it those are some sort of cap.

Mastervolume

Marshall DSL 401- a buddy just bought this not working. He was told that no one had been inside the amp. It just quit one day......

Tonefish

Here's the mighty Mad Professor:

Here's an original '64 Deluxe Reverb:

And the rare Marshall Studio 15:

Echo Are

Marshall DSL 401- a buddy just bought this not working. He was told that no one had been inside the amp. It just quit one day......

Aye Yi Yi! I've read about the overheating and reliability problems of the DSL 401. That's nasty! I've actually thought about buying a DSL 401 a few times over the years(yikes!). Not now. Is the pic of an older 401, pre-2003 or so? Marshall's supposed to have fixed this problem.

FFTT

All PCB amps are not the same, that has been clearly established, but that
photo right there is why I will always go for hand wired amps.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Here's a blurry shot of my Mission Amps V Front amp and one of the power and output trannys...

I'll see if I can find gut shots of my 62 Deluxe, 69 twin Reverb and 74 Sound City 50+ and post those too!

Red Planet

Okay... here goes...

And finally, another take on the 5E3... an SDG Proluxe (5E3 with bigger transformers and the ability to run 6L6s for 25 - 30 watts!)

Cool! Thats my old Tweed SDG Amp! I loved that amp. It sounded particularly amasing with a Mojo BV30 in it.

Damn good Amp. Thats one I wish I still had.

sdgvintage

That other SDG pic, that was only the 2nd or 3rd amp I made, it worked, but wasn't pretty thats for sure. That pic made me cringe. Heres a 2007 proluxe model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics