• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The Answer: Blackface/Marshall in one amp*

csweldon

D-style amps with the BluesMaster voicing have Blackface cleans with Marshall style overdrive.
Nice call. My Fuchs mod (not Bluesmaster voiced), depending on the settings, can do either sound, but at its best blackface settings won't to Marshall. I kinda have to decide which flavors I want!

As I've recently discovered, Pritchard can get both, too. Love it!

Best thing about this thread is that it shows how many different amps can get you there. Choice is a beautiful thing!

pjrhd28

Platinum Supporting Member
I also like the CAA-OD 100 amps for this application, ESPECIALLY the clean channel.

If you wanna get nuts, maybe a Mesa Boogie Road King. I had one a LONG time ago and channel 2 with the 2 EL-34's was spot on plexi. The cleans weren't exactly perfect, but they were pretty close.

motokev

Funny, I've wanted to know the answer to this question for years. Seems like fender can't make an amp with decent gain and marshall has a problem with clean. I find it very strange. Maybe, they both came to an agreement not to tread on one another.

DEI305

I have two Redplate amps...a 2011 Blackverb and a 2009 RMF1 (A custom 40 watt combo Henry built for me as a grab and go amp)...simply incredible!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom