The Aristocrats last night...wow

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Rob G, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Rob G

Rob G Member

After a brilliant NAMM I drove down to Alvas last night to see Guthrie and the boys play and all I can say is WOW!

Amazing performance. Marco Minnemann's energy was astounding!!

They played mostly songs from the debut CD with a couple of Guthrie's tracks from Erotic Cakes and some of Bryan and Marco's solo material.

Guthrie's Suhr Badger sounded great, very crisp and clear and the room sound at Alvas was fantastic, as usual.

They are considering recording a DVD there and I highly recommend checking them out live if you get the chance.

The most refreshing thing was the fun they were clearly having interacting with each other and the audience.

2. Lance

Lance Member

Sweet! Thanks for the show review. I am seeing them in SF this Friday night. This will be my second time seeing them, and they'll be in a larger room this time around. The last time they played in the Union Room, which was ok...good party vibe and all that. But the p.a. system was two Bose L1's, and they were not adequate for a room that size. Go Aristocrats! They seem to be gathering some momentum and that is a very good thing! I wonder how the album has done so far, sales-wise. Eh, if history repeats itself, the boys are usually out front of the building pre-show, and are more than willing to answer any questions.

3. Rob G

Rob G Member

Apparently someone may be bringing Guthrie a parrot at the SF show. He made the mistake of asking for one!! Let us know if they do :)

4. Lance

Lance Member

If it wasn't such a pain I would bring my Rasmus in for him to autograph. a Parrot, eh? I will definitely post about that. I hope it's not one of the natural ones that live on Russian Hill.

5. scottl

scottl Member

Thanks Rob! Glad you enjoyed it... i had fun playing with you! Can't wait for next year.

6. Stratosphere

Stratosphere Member

Huh. I'd heard about the Aristocrats but never saw them. You didn't mention anything about the weird family with the trapeze and the donkey 'n enchilada with pickle sauce with the yoo-hoo bottle shaking up and down and all the feces flung everywhere and the human pyramid grand finale. I wonder, did they get rid of them?

It sounds like a good show with Minnemann and Guthrie and all but I would still think I'd have found it a bit of a letdown.