• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Ash Shortage just made more headlines. . . Thank you, Climate Change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunking101

Richie Kotzen, former guitarist for heavy metal bands Poison and Mr. Big, told Scientific American: “Many years ago I had decided what my favorite woods were on a guitar. I learned that I liked a swamp ash body with a maple neck, and I stuck with it. Now I’m going to have to figure out a replacement wood for ash.”

Like he hasn't got enough guitars to last him, or can't buy some up now before any real price increases have happened??

Richie Kotzen, former guitarist for heavy metal bands Poison and Mr. Big, told Scientific American: “Many years ago I had decided what my favorite woods were on a guitar. I learned that I liked a swamp ash body with a maple neck, and I stuck with it. Now I’m going to have to figure out a replacement wood for ash.”

Like he hasn't got enough guitars to last him, or can't buy some up now before any real price increases have happened??
My favorite part of that was referring to Mr. big and Poison as heavy-metal bands! o_O

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i honestly was thinking more along the lines, that in the future it will be: welcome the new line of plywood bodied electric guitars!!! the latest technology of plywood guitars that have tone for years!!!!! b/c we can keep making plywood!!!!!! or something like that!!!!
behold your new miracle tone wood:

I guess he must burn them for firewood each winter if they're that much of a consumable asset to him.

Countdown to soylent tonewood?

lol at that bs, propaganda title.
I'm not sure I understand - which part is propaganda? The lack of Ash? That climate change is real? That climate change is responsible for the lack of ash? I'm unclear. Where I live the Emerald Ash Borer has been a GIANT pain in the ass. I have a big ole Ash in my front yard that has to get treated annually. X100,000 Ash trees have been cut down in St. Paul - it's actually very sad. :(

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
yeah, a little over a year ago, all of our trees downtown got cut down, i found out later they were ash trees...it was sort of sad to see honestly.

I'm not sure I understand - which part is propaganda? The lack of Ash? That climate change is real? That climate change is responsible for the lack of ash? I'm unclear. Where I live the Emerald Ash Borer has been a GIANT pain in the ass. I have a big ole Ash in my front yard that has to get treated annually. X100,000 Ash trees have been cut down in St. Paul - it's actually very sad. :(

j_el_jee

i honestly was thinking more along the lines, that in the future it will be: welcome the new line of plywood bodied electric guitars!!! the latest technology of plywood guitars that have tone for years!!!!! b/c we can keep making plywood!!!!!! or something like that!!!!
behold your new miracle tone wood:
Lol no thx ... I had one way back in the 80's and it ended up working better for target practice than tone =)

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
well, if you're shooting at it , then it's relic'd! and now were's 40 years later, its vintage now!!!! so it has to sound better!!!!!

Lol no thx ... I had one way back in the 80's and it ended up working better for target practice than tone =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics