The band Broke up but the record lives on!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by pbradt, Mar 17, 2006.

1. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

Still working on the record the old band started last year. This is the first song close to being finished. May dial up the bass and replace the drums but I like it quite a lot as it is.

http://www.guitarpete.net/sound/audition/hangover.mp3

I'd appreciate any feedback.

At first, I had the entire rhythm section playing behind every track, but I decided it wasn't dynamic enough, so I muted all the rhythm guitar behind the keys and muted the keys behind the middle guitar solo, brought up everything for the fiddle and the end of the song.

Also, the middle guitar solo is a dear friend, Mike Butler, on a '64 Strat through my Hullett Deluxe. Mike is a killer musician.

My guitar parts (beginning and end) are my CIJ TL52-80 Tele with Hamel Standard Tele pups (neck has the nickel-silver cover), Hullett Deluxe and a little slapback. Bass was a P-bass.

2. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

That was really enjoyable! Nice mix, cymbals were crisp and clear, the guitar work was snazzy, the dual guitar work at the end was cool, the fiddle solo was a nice surprise. Great work on all counts! Thanks for putting it up; I kicked back and enjoyed the heck out of it!

3. songsmith1950

songsmith1950 Member

Very nice. Man you guys took that groove and really lived it!

Tom, but must admit I am a Sean Hannity fan.

Songsmith