The Bearfoot Tour Box!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Hi, It will be shipping out to the next lucky person on the list Mikey W. I did a pretty decent review on FB. Donner even liked it!! With that, I want to say that over the years I have had the pleasure of sharing in many Tourbox events. THIS has to be my favorite in that although I most certainly enjoyed ALL these works of art. I found MY pedal. The Honey Bee is the one!!!!! I do not waiver here. Everything seems to be in perfect balance. It is not as OPEN per se as my SHOD but then again, they are not the same. Compression is perfect with a Strat & a Super Reverb. Every pickup yielded a rich, warm, round sound that does not hide. This pedal is also very forgiving. Ah........The Vibe!!!! What a tone!! Without deceiving your ears by masking the high & lows as some vibes do. Very lush. I got Creedence, to chop. For me it worked magnificent with chords. Very dreamy the speed adjustment does what it was intended to do with out being so out there that you cannot use it. The Dyna Red!!! Wow!!, I loved the D around noon, Tone @1sh & Volume noonish this opens up the pedal. I read that someone thought that this was a bright pedal. To me it was FAT as all get out, plenty of bottom end with enough high end to cut through & bite. A very natural sounding pedal esp for a distortion. The Model H, has to be the second most versatile out of the lot for me. Yes it is tauted as a Live @ Leeds sound & that it does & well. But.........This is thick & chewy with gobs of gut & sustain. It will do OD or D equally as well. Kudo's to Bearfoot & thank you for including me. I have not been very detailed here I know.

2. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Just a bump.

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the update BW and also for your quick turn-around!

4. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Thank you much!!

5. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

would love an update on the tourbox, been over a month since a peep

just curious :dunno

6. drbob1

GEODR should have forwarded it to JimB. I haven't heard back from him yet (and no updates from the test drive).

7. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

Thanks DR., good to know you are on the job.

8. geodr

geodr Member

Sorry guys, I was super busy at work the week I had the tourbox and really only had one day to try the pedals out. Don't know if a quick review can do these pedals justice, but huge thanks to Bearfoot and drbob1 for organizing this. To answer the "do tourboxes hurt pedal sales?" thread, the answer is a resounding no - this is my second tourbox and they will both result in purchases!

Playing a strat through an Allen Encore, the first pedal I pulled our was the mint green mini vibe, and I was pleasntly surprised at all the great sounds that came out of this little box. The pedal is very useable across the entire range of amplitude and speed settings, and sounded very organic/lush for both subtle and extreme settings. I haven't played a lot of vibes, but if I wanted one, I would be totally happy with this one and would have no need to look any further.

The next box I opened was the Honey Bee, and I immediately knew this was the one I am going to buy. This pedal imparted the perfect crunchy tone to my setup, sounds very natural just like an amp, and liking lower gain pedals I was very happy with the range of gain available. I think this pedal is the perfect rhythm sound I have been looking for, and briefly tried stacking it with a Timmy for a lead tone that sounded very good. I was a little surprised that the nature knob had a fairly subtle effect, but definitely need to experiment with it more at different gain settings.

To be honest, I was so happy with the Honey Bee, it was hard to put it aside, and I only spent limited time with the Model H and Dyna Red. These are obviously in the distortion camp, and I am more of an overdrive guy, so I probably didn't appreciate them for what they can do. Hopefully the next reviewer can do them justice.

9. drbob1

Thanks for the review. It's always fun to get a different take on things!