• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The best end-of-chain tone-sweetener?

dumdums

I recently got a Greer Special Request, thinking it would dethrone my Xotic ep boost as my end-of-chain tone-sweetener. Not at all! It adds way too much compression, or at least that what it sounds like. The Xotic ep is the best at enhancing the tone you're working with without adding a bunch of compression. At least for me it is. Anyone have a pedal like this that you use?

PhuzzphayzZ

My Prized DWC (DCW?) EP VintagePreamp that I won is such a joy. I turn it 'On', I turn it 'Off',... I hit it whenever I feel... it's just nice, but I don't just leave it on. My Tone is already as sweet as it needs be.

ANY EP thingy I'm sure does the trick... mine runs at 24v, which i consider its 'Feature'... it only nEEDS one knob! (3 way switch is great too tho)

dumdums

I have this little niche pedal interest; end-of-chain tone-sweeteners. Haha. Been comparing a bunch of different pedals for the job, and it's a very specific one. Most pedals don't work for it, I have noticed.

Gary Ladd

Illegitimi non carborundum
Silver Supporting Member
Depending on the rig/style:

Lovepedal STP (rare)
Luxury Drive
Klon/Klone
PE Germ
Sexdrive (compression off)
SHO
Tim/Timmy

I also like running delays that sweeten at the end-of-the-chain (Diamond Memory Lane, MF Delay etc.), but I really like running a Gas Pedals Gecko at the end, finishing FX into the loop...

PhuzzphayzZ

lol, looks like 'Delay Box Preamp' of one's choice IS TheAnswer!

That won't keep this Thread from another 10Pages!!!

PhuzzphayzZ

I'm using my EP thingy in the MIDDLE of my GainStage. When you say end-of-chain, you mean after Reverb blabla? Am I doing this wrong?!?!

I mean, where would you EchoPlex go? So should I put this before or after my SMM?

Bonedance

I have an old Guyatone micro pedal that's called "A-1 Pre-Amp for guitar pickup". It was designed as a pre for acoustic guitar.

I was leaving a pawn shop one day and just happened to see the box on shelf behind the counter. Asked to see it as I had never heard of it before. It came home with me for a $20 bill.

While it's an always on pedal, (no on/off switch) it add's some sort of unicornish pixie dust to the proceedings. The three controls offer a lot of flexibility and it's hard to find a bad tone in this little beaut.

rolsen

If you really must have one, the EP Booster is the ticket. I like mine.
It plumps the low mids, gives the tone some love handles to grab onto. I really liked the effect when my main rig was jazzmaster through a modern Vox AC30. The low mid push helped thicken. I've heard some say 'sparkly,' but I've critically listened to this pedal on all sorts of amps. I don't think there's a single micro-decibel of boost in any frequency nearing what we usually ascribe as 'high mids' or 'treble' on a guitar.

Main amp now is a Friedman Dirty Shirley (mini), or my Marshall DSL40cr at home.. I don't need the low mids plumped on the Friedman especially, and not really on my Marshall, no matter my Tele, Jazzmaster or LP.

Currently, I have no always on tone enhancers. I'm open to it, just the pedals I'm familiar with, played or owned don't really rise to the level of 'need' and commanding an outlet from my power supply or space on my board.

Trending Topics