The best L*ndgraff clone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BluesHarp, Oct 5, 2008.

1. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I have followed some talk here on tgp about the moral stand of "clones of clones" and such and really the intent with this thread is not to start a debate of ANY kind. :argue

No thank you... :boxer

I just picked a L*ndgraff/CJOD/Fat Boost pedal on the 'bay. Havent got it yet but for $180...

[​IMG]

He boasts "This ( a mod ) really brings out more of the mid range of this pedal that is lacking in the L.D.O" and this and the CJOD mods were just too tempting. :messedup

Who here has actually compared one of these to either above of pedals or tried/played one of these and have either a neg or pos thing to say about its tone/sound?

Stay tuned for my feedback on the pedal.

pedals.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  2. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

That is a killer swirl paint job, Bluesharp, let us know how it sounds!:D

3. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

The moon is all dark man... not just the dark side.

Actually thats right. The earth has the dark side, but the moon is all Jedi.

But is it made of cheese?

If it is, the price of gas may go up, but cheese prices are about to plummet...

Whoa?

4. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

is this the lovekraft? i've thought of picking one up.

5. daveg777

daveg777 Member

My favorite by far is the new Zeek. It just sounds amazing particularly as a lead pedal. Piano-like note seperation, and stack beautifully into my Timmy...

Dave

:dude

6. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Sounds awesome - one of the reasons I ditched my LDO is because I wanted a bit more mids.

7. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

No--someone other than lovekraft... (I believe it's this seller)

8. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

the irony is dumfounding.

9. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

that is one supercool piant job

10. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Wow. I have never heard anyone complain the LDO doesn't have enough mids, usually the other direction.:huh

11. 95strat

95strat Member

I made on myself getting the info off of freestomboxes. They call it a YATS (yet another tube screamer). It's the light version w/o a switch and uses LED clipping only. Sounds great. It replaced my Keeley modded TS9.

12. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The YATS does sound good, but it does not sound like the Landgraff. Similar, like any TS style, but not the same.

13. jero

jero Member

Yes, I'm quite amazed too?

14. mrface2112

mrface2112 Member

I've got a Lovekraft Mojo Drive and Chupacabra. a VERY deadly combination of pedals. I think i like the Mojo Drive better--it can get the Chupa's sound when pushed.....but it's a more dynamic/responsive pedal than the Chupa and can go from "on the edge" to "over the edge" just by digging in a bit harder. The Chupa is balzout distortion.

and they look pretty too. highly recommended.

cheers,
    wade

15. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I find the YATS fairly close to the LDO...but very close to my CJOD (after which it is patterned, I believe).

I agree on the LDO mids...plenty for me, just wish it had a bit more low end. Maybe I need that tweak kit from Mr. Landy?

Greg

16. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

It was.

And Nibus... those "extra mids" really hooked me too. I cant wait to give her a go and see wassup.

I for one dont want alot of lows because it can get muddy. Those pedals sound great at low volumes but dont do as well for solos or standing out in the mix. I wouldnt say I want it low empty... just smooth and tight. A happy compromise? Hey.. we are talking about a ts-9 type pedal here anyway, right? LOL

17. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Well, my whole reason for playing a TS inspired drive is to stand out in the mix...

otherwise, I'll ditch the "pedalness" of a TS and get something without an Op-amp.

18. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Exactly. Like a ODB or something.

I have never had a LDO and have only descriptions of it up here and also comparisons of it to pedals I have owned or still own. Somebody who's opinion I value alot said the ldo was more eq balanced and had more low end than a Blues Devil or Eternity ( E having the least amount of lows ). And after reading that this pedal has a bit more mids than the LDO ( and cost at least %50 less ) AND had some CJOD mods to it, I could not resist.

I now have the pedal, but havent had the chance to fully test it out. But... so far it is awesome.

19. scottro123

scottro123 Member

IMO the LDO, MO'D, ODB, CJOD, YATS, OCD and BYOC derivitives all start to blur together after a while. Of course, YMMV.

20. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

The abreviations were hard to pick up on! But it makes for fast references and makes you feel like you are privy to inside inormation. LOL Sad but funny.