The best licks I have heard in a long time - Chris Buck tribute

Hi there,
it was a long time ago I heard something as good as I am proposing you today, kudos to Chris Buck who wrote this jam (check out his YT channel if you don't know him).

Pure stratocaster tone heaven territory here.
I created a backing track for the purpose, and played with my number one Strat, an American standard made in 2012.

I hope you enjoy!

Julio Iguana

Very nice indeed. I’m not familiar with Chris Buck but your “tribute?” was well played. Strats are wonderful guitars but it takes human fingers to make them sound good.

BatmanGMT

nice, last month I got new set of strat pickups from radioshop who do the chris buck signatures. I got the ID:63GT's as they were the closest to the specs I wanted, they sound awesome and the guys at radioshop are great.

nice, last month I got new set of strat pickups from radioshop who do the chris buck signatures. I got the ID:63GT's as they were the closest to the specs I wanted, they sound awesome and the guys at radioshop are great.
Those 63gt are indeed interesting....... Can you compare them to other boutique pickups?

BatmanGMT

Those 63gt are indeed interesting....... Can you compare them to other boutique pickups?
Not sure I could to be honest, they are the first replacement pickups I have purchased in 10 years probably!

What I can say is they have incredible clarify and feel very responsive to your attack on the strings, I am 100% satisfied with what I got the money. They have a good range of pickups at radioshop and I get the impression the guys could accommodate anything you are looking for. they offered to have a phone call with me go through the various options if I wanted.

Not sure I could to be honest, they are the first replacement pickups I have purchased in 10 years probably!

What I can say is they have incredible clarify and feel very responsive to your attack on the strings, I am 100% satisfied with what I got the money. They have a good range of pickups at radioshop and I get the impression the guys could accommodate anything you are looking for. they offered to have a phone call with me go through the various options if I wanted.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, it's interesting to see they offer different staggering options for different radius, also the concept of the magnets being all equally long is pretty interesting....

Caribou

Silver Supporting Member
Bravo! That's really nice! Great feel and the tone is awesome. Love the bends and the way you resolve them too. What are the amp and OD(s)?

Bravo! That's really nice! Great feel and the tone is awesome. Love the bends and the way you resolve them too. What are the amp and OD(s)?
Thanks, I have stolen the jam from Chris, it was too nice to let it pass.
I played through a Fender Blues Junior tweed, with slight overdrive (Boss Blues Driver) and added a TS9 for the more aggressive part.

Trending Topics