The best orange squeezer replica ever!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gpro34, Feb 23, 2006.

1. gpro34

gpro34 Member

That is what I am looking for. What do you think is the best outthere? I am familiar with the analogman compressor but what else is out there??

2. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

well I think the Analogman Juicer was the first clone of the Orange Squeezer, and its supposed to be dead on - Ive never heard a real one, but t he Juicer is excellent and has a touch of vintage grain in there....

the PedalworX McSqueeze is a nice twist :)D ) on the Juicer theme with some parts upgrades, clearer sound - less noise .....

and there are many other takes on it including some Build your own versions.....

3. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

i don't think there IS a best.
    i don't have an analogman..... YET.
    but one is on the way that i bought used.

this one:

http://www.pedaldoctor.com/TangerineSqueeze.html

is very nice in that it has that orange squeezer vibe w/ a volume control so U can use it to boost volumes for leads.

this one:

http://www.vintagetoneproject.com/danarmstrong.htm

totally has the vibe (from what my ears remember) of my original before it expired and far, far better than the flimsy, troublesome nature of the WD orange squeezer.

i like this one:

http://www.pedalworx.com/mcsqueeze.html

too, but i can't really say that any of them are better than the others. they are all really superb.
    as i said, i'm waiting for my used analogman to arrive. i've read great things about them and felt i had to get one just to see how it stacks up (pun intended) against the others.
    unless i find that the analogman trounces these three, i don't see how U could go wrong w/ any of them.
    i'm absolutely mystified at the number of threads i've read where peeps want THAT sound and yet others are chiming in that they should get an MXR or ross or whatever. i'm NOT saying that the MXR or ross are no good or that they have no place in achieving a particular sound. the orange squeezer and it's clones are in a whole different apples and oranges (another pun) orchard tho', particularly if U are after that compressed tele chick'n pick'n thang.

4. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    Another big fan of the McSqueeze. The clean boost option just adds to the desirability...

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I really like the Tone Factor Squeeze Factor (built by same Bob as the McSqueeze)... it's an Orange Squeezer clone, but instead of just a level knob, you get a level knob and a blend control, so you can dial in whatever balance between dry and compressed signal you like... It's a cool idea since the OS is an "all the way up is the only way" type pedal and it might sound lame if you just turned its compression down, I like being able to mix it in. Plus, you can still use it as a clean boost.

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

7. gpro34

gpro34 Member

I did not know there were that many outthere, thanks for your suggestions.

8. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

+2 on the McSqueeze.

With that, an LTD (edge of breakup), some verb, and a Strat, and it'll do great Knopfler feel.

Also really like the MC Squeeze in clean boost mode as well.

Brett

9. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I would be very excited to hear what other ppl have kept on the boards, the bi comprossor, the pale green etc

10. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

i've contemplated a bi-comprossor but the waiting list is daunting.
    i'd be curious on peeps opinions too.