The Best Part of New Van Halen...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by dsmc80, Mar 1, 2012.

1. dsmc80

dsmc80 Member

I'm not a crazy VH fanboy, although I will admit Ed's rhythm playing has something I've always thought was crazy great. That small disclaimer aside, I have to say this...it is awesome to consistently see/hear clips of a healthy Ed. The stuff I saw and heard from him five years ago made me think we were watching another music icon who was about to kill himself with a whole slew of substances. He looks healthy, is singing well, playing well (and consistently) and is just overall putting out positive vibes.

:aok

Awesome! That is it.

2. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

nice post. the new album grows on me with each play

3. SteveO

SteveO Member

Healthy Eddie is the biggest thing for me, too.

4. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Yeah, I'm liking hearing some new fresh playing! I mean, there are plenty of old familar licks, but some cool new stuff too. I'd love it if they get on a roll and pump out a couple more albums. :confused:

5. Lukeling

Lukeling Member

Yeah me too. I rate the new record highly , far exceeds my expectations, would love to hear a raw banged out in the studio in two weeks album :aok ......but I am very happy that ADKOT exists & never would have thought it would.

6. wudo

wudo New Member

this album is great!

7. V-Type

V-Type Member

How many bands can rejoin with a 30 year removed singer and then put out a album that from most accounts starts where they left off?
    Its a Great story and honestly quite a rare feat in these times.
    My expectations were low for the new Roth VH but my goodness they not only floored me with How Good this new album is but how well VH sounds using their original formula.

8. Misterbulbous

Misterbulbous Member

Agree with all. I was nearly in tears at the Louisville show. I've followed Ed for so long, I almost feel like he's a family member. It was so awesome to see him coherently nailing songs and actually "holding back" on solos and unnecessary fills. If there was one thing that really left a sour taste in my mouth it was his uninspired and repetitive "same lick" he was doing on all that horrendous live stuff from the late '90's on.

9. Lukeling

Lukeling Member

Yeah the new album will make bands play catch up & it is pretty much the same as it was in 78.

10. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

The best part of new Van Halen is....
    ...the fact I haven't listened to it yet.
    :)

11. jb4674

jb4674 Member

The new VH album is awesome. It's got Ed's best playing to date and it shows that Ed hasn't lost his chops at all.

12. cram

cram Member

I love the new album. I feel very positive about their time together right now - that's pretty cool.
    It hasn't gotten me to buy a ticket though. Around the time they are due through our area, there are some pretty cool shows and I've seen vh so many times, I'm all set.

13. BigDar

BigDar Member

...this....

14. Igneous

Igneous Member

Dude thats funny, I get that way too. Like theres something that VH means to the core of many people out there and when its back, it def brings back some emotions. I know what 90's lick your talkin about too.

15. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Van Hagar. Vancherone. ALL THOSE WASTED YEARS!!!!

All kidding aside, I do wish Michael Anthony was with them. i just wonder what they could have done if they had stayed together in their prime.

16. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

+1
    I was thinking this exact thing on the way into work this morning, while listening to the new cd.

17. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

This pretty much sums it up.
    ANKOT absolutely ROCKS.....I've been playing it non-stop since the release, I'm so stoked I got to see them at the Forum on that private "friends and family" night - and I'll definitely see them again when they get back to So Cal.
    In a perfect world - they will get right back in the studio and record the follow up.

Stay Frosty indeed!