The BEST pickups I've found!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikee1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mikee1

mikee1 Member

I found this unknown pickup winder and took a chance...
    Wow, am I glad that I did!!!! Just so it's known I am in no way affiliated with this gentleman. I found him on ebay. He sells under the name "klea3031"
    I bought a strat set that he calls the"texas magic"set.
    It is basically a vintage voiced set but with a slightly overwound bridge pup. The bridge it's also unique in that he uses I vintage formavar wire from the late'50s. In his auction descriptions he explains it more. He actually had a set listed nowthat uses this write in all pups! I can only vouch for the set I have but wow!!!! This is the best strat set I've found and I've went through ALOT of custom winders sets. I'm just so happy with this guys work that I want to help him get his name out there and get some of his work into other peoples hands. He is also VERY REASONABLE IN PRICE AND GREAT TO TALK TO!!! I'm sure that will change after people find out how good his stuff is so get while the gettings good!!!
    If you have any questions shoot me a message. I have me his email address to give out to people who want to place some custom orders that aren't on ebay. He also said he has just perfected a lipstick strat set that it's supposed to be sweeeet!!!
    For under $100 for most of his sets you just can't go wrong trying them out. I hit the jackpot when I have him a shot!!!!!!

2. mannish

mannish Member

can you just tell us and we search on ebay......?

3. mikee1

mikee1 Member

He sells under the name
    klea3031

4. mikee1

mikee1 Member

Our search vintage strat pickups and find a set that is being sold be klea3031. Then look ast all he has for sale. It will be WELL WORTH YOUR TIME AND EFFORT! This guys stuff is the best if put in my guitars so fast and I've tried MANY of the big names. I'm kind of a strat pickup junkie. Lol

5. saf_1

saf_1 Member

Does he wind humbuckers?

6. mikee1

mikee1 Member

I'm not sure'bout humbuckers. I haven't talked with the guy about that nor have I seen any fire sale on ebay. I would suggest finding his stuff on ebay and sending him a message. I know he is a strat.guy himself and also started winding for himself so I'm not sure.

7. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

Prices are definitely right. But then they kind of have to be for a while. As an unknown winder, it'll take some time to build a rep. Plus, as terrific as his prices are, his competition will be known manufacturers products sold used. But if a few more players take a chance, try them out, and are just as happy, word will get around.

8. BBender

BBender Member

Nice price...guy should have some videos or something though!!

9. Honk

Honk Member

How do they sound? :dunno

10. omfg51

omfg51 Member

Set for under $100?!?! I have to check this guy out.

11. omfg51

omfg51 Member

wow, I'm REALLY tempted to try out that hendrix set, but I think I'd actually like the normal vintage style set more. This guy is great!!

12. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

Am I missing something? I don't see any active or completed listing under that name.

13. leray1

leray1 Member

14. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

have a look at his feedback, you can see where he gets his wire and mags.

15. mikee1

mikee1 Member

He does have a tele set he just got all the kinks worked out of and says he feels berry good about putting them out for the public. from what I gather he doesn't list everything on ebay. I thought about getting the one vintage set for myself that uses the nos wire in all pups. The bridge set I have used that wire and is THE BEST strat bridge pup I've heard in my guitar. Thee prices are amazing but he had them out there like that to get some sets in a few peoples hands. I'm yelling you guys that after people start taking the chance with this guy those prices arent going to stay the same. these pups are really that good man. I could not believe what I was hearing/feeling when I plugged in after the install. I even payed more than what he is selling for now. I wanted to get his "texas magic"set which he said is thee one he had worked the hardest on and moved a "big name winders" set out of his number one. Lets just say, I KNOW WHY HE SAID THAT... THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY #1!!!!! I was happy as I could be to pay theextra cash! I love his set I got and that is why I started this thread. I want some fellow TGPRS to experience what I did. Like I stated, I'm about to hey in touch with him to hey another set held back for me. Try him out guys!!

16. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

Sounds good but unloved my current pickups too, wish I had a project.

17. mikee1

mikee1 Member

Sounds like the perfect time to start one!!!!after he told me about the SWEEET lipstick strat set he said he just perfected it makes me want to put one together. I've got an awsome purple body that I just put on ebay. If it doesn't sell I might just build be a lipstick strat!!!! Sweet quilted major on ash, maple neck,lipsticks, wilkinson bridge, sounds interesting to me. I very it would be tonalicious!!!!!

18. SAVOIE

SAVOIE Member

Mikee1 I'm in the market for strat pickups but what other pickups have you had experience with? How are these compared to lollar, suhr, fralin? What set was in your #1 that were replaced with these ones?

19. BBender

BBender Member

It would be nice if the guy responded to messages on his auctions!! Oh well.

20. leray1

leray1 Member

He responded pretty quick to my message yesterday. His inbox has probably blown up thanks to this thread.