the best reverb pedals?????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jayjaytuner, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jayjaytuner

jayjaytuner Member

Can anyone reccomend a top of the line reverb pedal.....would prefer it to have true-bypass if possible....to run with my bogner uberschall. I'd like to have a analog one, but idk if it'll be too dark for a already dark amp. i'v heard the holy grail, holier ect. were ok, any suggestions?? Apreciate the help!!

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

The EBS is pretty good, small footprint and good reverbs.

3. jayjaytuner

jayjaytuner Member

Does this pedal work good with guitars too? i noticed it a bass pedal

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Works great with guitars. The reverbs are just standard Rooms, Plates and Halls so it will work with anything.

5. bickertfan

bickertfan Member

I bought a holy grail to use in the loop of my jubilee and did'nt care for it. To me the tone was flatter and lifeless ( the reverb sound was good but the original sound had some life sucked out of it). I ended up using delay even though I prefer the sound of reverb. There does'nt seem to be a lot of good reverb pedals on the market IMO.

6. Point to Point

Point to Point Member

Line6 Verbzilla. If Iremember right, it is true bypass. I've used it in front of non-loop amps (1974X). It has relegated the Holy Grail to back up status for me.

7. Larry

Larry Member

The Verbzilla is a fine pedal but not true bypass. It has a good buffer so if you put it right before the amp it should not be a problem.

8. Point to Point

Point to Point Member

Thanks for the clarification on the buffer/bypass, I could not remember for sure. I actually put the pedal on top of the amp, it is the last thing before the input to the amp. I find it easier to make reverb level changes with the pedal on top of the amp, as opposed to the floor.

9. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I like the DigiVerb by Digitech-it's got wonderful sound.

10. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Try the Holier grail it is the best reverb in pedal form I have found. The holy grail does not sound the same its not as clear and has much more noise and less reverb sounds available. Many people make the mistake to not try the holier grail because they think it is the same as the holy grail ; however, it is not! I did not like the holy grail but I love the holier grail! It sounds as good as my 65 deluxe reverb! It is true bypass and silent. The holy grail was not silent. Hell, Brad Paisley is using the holier grail and I'm sure he could afford to buy any pedal he wants and I'm sure he has the luxury of trying many. Vintage guitar magazine did a piece on the holier grail and said it was destined to become a coveted classic much like the memory man delay. It has no digital fakeness to it. I know there are some line 6 fans but I've checked out the verbazilla and there is some digital fakeness there. The Holier might be digital but it sounds 100% analog.

11. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

1+:dude :RoCkIn :dude

12. jayjaytuner

jayjaytuner Member

Does it sound good on the dirty channel as well?? i'v hear good reviews on the holier grail as well....

13. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Yes, with either channel it sounds good. Do yourself a favor and try this one you won't regret it.