• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The best rock song to hear a 5-year-old sing

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
A valiant selection. However, it is generally understood that the correct answer is Tutti Frutti by Little Richard. It really is hard to improve upon a 5 year old selling Wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom! as hard as they can. :aok
This is the right answer. In my teens, my sister and I used to blast this very song while my brother (who is 10 years younger than me) sang and crazy danced on our parents' bed. Hilarity ensued.

WordMan

Homo Logos
Platinum Supporting Member
The Ramones, always!

weeping with joy
With my band based just above NYC, we were like the official band of our little town - each of us had kids across the various elementary, middle and eventually high schools, so we played gigs at all of them.

Nothing like being in an itty-bitty gym with 250 elementary school kids pogoing to Rockaway Beach. A truly joyous thing.

@Killed_by_Death - is that you?

Wolfgangsta

Silver Supporting Member
When my son was 5 and my daughter was 3, they would sing along with Warrant's 'Cherry Pie' at the top of their lungs nearly every time we got in the car.

59Vampire

When my oldest son was around 7 he got into Heavy duty by Judas Priest because he thought they were singing about doody and then Kansas city as sung by Albert King. Unfortunately now as a young adult he is into the dreaded hip hop. But as long as he listens to something, its all good.

PRW

For my 5-year-old, who's now 27, about to get married and plays a mean guitar, it was Twist and Shout. And he even attempted Twisted by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross (he grew up hearing an eclectic range of music).

WordMan

Homo Logos
For my 5-year-old, who's now 27, about to get married and plays a mean guitar, it was Twist and Shout. And he even attempted Twisted by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross (he grew up hearing an eclectic range of music).
I love Twisted!!! Bobby McFerrin got his share of play in our house - no, not the poppy crap - Spontaneous Inventions and stuff like that.

My son started to realize it was cool to say that we listened to Thelonious Monk some mornings in the kitchen before he was 10 :aok :dude

Trending Topics

Top Bottom