The BEST sounding Fender amp?

Best sounding Fender Amp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gkoelling

Here's an outside the box choice...This may come as a shock to some who know me on this forum but this lifelong, staunch, hand built, PTP wired, tube, boutique amp snob really likes the new Fender Tone Master series amps. They sound absolutely killer, whether they sound exactly like their blackface counterparts or not. Great features and sound at a decent price. And they sound wonderful with pedals. There...I said it!! And I'm not ashamed!! I'm not! Really! I mean it! I really do! Not one bit! So there!
I really want to try one of these. What pedals are you using? How are the reverb and tremolo?

Telejester

If the Princeton didn't go straight into flub and fart city when you turn it up, I think it would be all the amp anyone would ever need. Sadly I have heard so many clips and in person that when it is turned up the low end just becomes unlistenable. Im sure in 2020 that could be remedied somehow, but some players don't mind the big flubby and farting out low end.:facepalm

jumpnblues

I really want to try one of these. What pedals are you using? How are the reverb and tremolo?

Right now I'm using a Wampler Euphoria (love this pedal), a TS-Mini, and an EH Soul Food. I like all of them. The Soul Food is huge bang for the buck. They all sound great through my TM Deluxe Reverb. I use them with a Fender Tele Vintera '60s Modded. I mainly use the pedals for boost and light OD. However, the amp breaks up quite nicely on it's own. Although I'm not much of an authority on spring or digital reverb or vibrato, I really like the reverb and vibrato in the TM amps. YMMV. I'm also using an EH Canyon for delay.

The TM series amps are surprisingly great sounding amps. They have completely changed how I think about tubes and SS, at least with the TM series amps. I've owned a LOT of tube boutique and vintage amps and I like the TM series amps as well as anything I've owned or heard. Not to mention weighing half of what the tube version weighs and having a very effective power attenuator with cab and mic simulation. IMHO, it's really pretty darn hard not to like the TM amps.

Last edited:

Bighump

Have a 1965 Bandmaster with matching cabinet, my amp tech said it has a Bassman replacement tranny, when he initially worked on it, and it sounds great...., I don't think I'll ever sell it ..... I've had newer Fenders (PRRI) and it just didn't have that same sound....
Man I have a 67 Bandmaster with a 65 Bassman Cab and I'd like to to this to mine. Do you know which transformer you have in there. Is it tapped for 4 ohm like the original?

gkoelling

Right now I'm using a Wampler Euphoria (love this pedal), a TS-Mini, and an EH Soul Food. I like all of them. The Soul Food is huge bang for the buck. They all sound great through my TM Deluxe Reverb. I use them with a Fender Tele Vintera '60s Modded. I mainly use the pedals for boost and light OD. I really like the reverb and vibrato. YMMV. I'm also using an EH Canyon for delay. The TM series amps are surprisingly great sounding amps. They have completely changed how I think about tubes and SS. I've owned a LOT of tube boutique and vintage amps and I like the TM series amps as well as anything I've owned or heard.
Nice, I use a Zendrive and Jetter 45/100 Gold for dirt. From what you're saying both of those should work just fine.

Ogre

I have a black-face non-reverb Princeton that stays clean all the way to 8. No farting out. I would pick my tweed Bandmaster or tweed Pro for 1st & 2nd place.

SimAlex

5f6 bassman , but I have heard that the fender Pro is an incredible amp and id love to play one someday

bigben55

That's my story as well. I've owned 4 vintage Blackface Fenders. They ALL sound GREAT....at their sweet spot. And that's the problem.

Super reverb. I like both the blackface and pre Master volume silverfaces.

but, I sold mine off. Too big, too loud to ever gig with. And I’m not an amp collector, didn’t want to own an amp that I only used twice a year for outside gigs.

PickPlucker

I love my PRRI but the best I have heard was my old silverface TR. The cleans in that thing made it sound like you were playing in that French cave with the earliest cave drawings untouched by time and that’s even when the verb wasn’t kicking because the dang tubes would fall out randomly. She was rode hard and put up wet and I sold it and legit miss it. Only sold gear I miss.

A shop I go to has a real black face DR that sounds so sweet but it’s noisy as hell. There’s real mojo in the old ones but I’m a mama’s boy who prefers amps that don’t need frequent repair.

Caves of Altimira? Nope..spanish....never mind