The best Vintage tortoiseshell is back!!! SPITFIRE Tortoiseshell.

Spitfire7

Hey guys, I have mostly been over at OSG.com, but I am spreading my wings. Anyone interested in that beautiful long lost vintage tortoise shell style and look? Look no further.

I create the most accurate reproduction vintage tortoiseshell pickguards available for Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Stratocaster, and many other guitars http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/

ATTRIBUTES OF A SPITFIRE TORTOISESHELL PICKGUARD

• Handcrafted to fit many of the most popular guitars so that you can own a Spitfire
  • Designed to your requested specifications so that your Spitfire is uniquely yours
  • Composed of durable, high-quality material so you can enjoy it for years
  • Imbued with a 3-D, fiery, smokey, soft, swirly, magmatic appearance that you and others will admire
  • Constructed to resist fading, cracking, yellowing and shrinking (common to the 60s guards) so you can proudly display your Spitfire years from now
  • Available in various colors, such as Vintage Burgundy™, Faded Orange™ and Solar Flare™ to complement your guitar and personal style
UNMATCHED CHARACTERISTICS & SERVICE
I developed my very own (safe) process and high-quality material. With my Spitfire process, I can replicate the matchless appearance of the 60s original that has long been missing in modern tortoiseshell pickguards—and yet Spitfire possesses its own unique and alluring quality that, in some ways, surpasses the beauty and intensity of its forebear. I craft each tortoiseshell pickguard by hand, so, like your fingerprint, your Spitfire pickguard is unlike any other Spitfire pickguard—a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
With Spitfire Vintage Tortoiseshell pickuards, you not only get your dream pickguard but get to be involved in its creation. I keep you updated and design your pickguard to your personal taste.
I take pride in every pickguard I fashion, approaching each as an individual work of art. I pour my heart and soul into each Spitfire pickguard, treating every guard as if it were my own.
Then, like a gift out of time, your Spitfire Tortoiseshell pickguard—a one-and-only work of art that you once could have only dreamed of owning—will arrive to add dynamism and a custom appearance that no other guitar will ever match. Come see more @ http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/

To order go to http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome!! Good to see you here on TGP, Spitfire! The guards look great, as always

Spitfire7

Hey Guys, No its not spam, its real. I know it sounds almost fake and impossible and I think that too sometimes when I wake up, but its real and all those pics are real genuine Spitfire tortoise shell pickguards from many of my customers. Check the website for testimonials and all that other good stuff.

p.s. Its good to see some of my friends/customers from other sites on here. Hi guys. Thanks for the vouching for me.

mischultz

Probably a better fit in the Emporium, but the work is certainly excellent. I think I saw one of yours on a Jazzmaster the other day with a bit of the Gibson firestripe figuring. Darned pleasant.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Guys, No its not spam, its real. I know it sounds almost fake and impossible and I think that too sometimes when I wake up, but its real and all those pics are real genuine Spitfire tortoise shell pickguards from many of my customers. Check the website for testimonials and all that other good stuff.

p.s. Its good to see some of my friends/customers from other sites on here. Hi guys. Thanks for the vouching for me.
That's not what "spam" means. This is definitely a spam thread.

Are the rules irrelevant, as long as the product is nice?

Glad these showed up over in the Guitar forum! I would have missed them, guess I better check over here a little more often. Steve

narwhale

The first 2 pics are my AV65 Jazzmaster!
That looks great. I'm waiting for the P-bass guards to be released for my AVRI 62 and have been going back and forth between the burgundy or bright red options on the site. Those pics may have swayed me to the burgundy side, assuming that's what you had. Did you order based on the color/style options or just get a finished one? Maybe Spitfire can chime in with some details as well.

Spitfire7

That looks great. I'm waiting for the P-bass guards to be released for my AVRI 62 and have been going back and forth between the burgundy or bright red options on the site. Those pics may have swayed me to the burgundy side, assuming that's what you had. Did you order based on the color/style options or just get a finished one? Maybe Spitfire can chime in with some details as well.
He told me exactly what he was looking for. This one would be classified as a Vintage Burgundy Red, with the crazy 70's style. That style tends to have some fire ball explosions scattered around here and there.

I need someone to make me a template. My template guy seems to be extremely busy and I've been waiting a while. Can anyone make me a template?

buck1107

Nice guards!
Are these similar, material wise, to those found on many classic Japanese 'lawsuit' models? I'm currently restoring a 'Norma' that is missing its pickguard (a 'floating pickguard' with toggle switch mounted on it), and these would look perfect for that vintage.

Spitfire7

Nice guards!
Are these similar, material wise, to those found on many classic Japanese 'lawsuit' models? I'm currently restoring a 'Norma' that is missing its pickguard (a 'floating pickguard' with toggle switch mounted on it), and these would look perfect for that vintage.
Hey thanks for the complement. I am not sure what the lawsuit models are. You can PM me if you want to send me pictures and we can talk more about what you are looking for. Would be cool to see some pics of what you're talking about. Thanks. PM me.

Trending Topics