The Bizarre World Of The Zappa Family Trust

wombat66

The Bizarre World Of The Zappa Family Trust has decided that a hologram tour is appropriate for Frank's music:
"The Bizarre World Of Frank Zappa" (the promo)

Not sure what to make of this, or what Frank would think.

Plastic people
Oh baby, now . . .
You're such a drag

stevemc

yea,i'd rather see dweezil.having said that i hope this show is something frank might approve of.i'm sure frank loved his kids and that they loved him.what do i know though?

ned7flat5

What a cheese ball diminution of Frank’s work.

When it comes down to it, Dweezil is actually Frank’s genetically-certified, living, breathing “hologram” and from what I’ve read they’ve tried every which way to sideline him.

Surely it’s a hoax.

Last edited:

jkendrick

It’s weird that so many of his alumni are a part of this. Some of them may need the gig, but Steve Vai!? It’s the only thing making me feel like this might not be as awful as it sounds.

Also I thought everyone hated Scott Thunes after Frank put him in charge of rehearsals for that final tour?

Frater B

Mike Keneally
Ray White
Scott Thunes
Ed Mann

Steve Vai
Napoleon Murphy Brock
Ian Underwood
Arthur Barrow

OK , maybe, if prices are not insane

massacre

Gold Supporting Member
So is the rest of the band playing live with the hologram? Or are they holograms too?
I’m confused.
I know that Frank specifically discussed holograms in his autobiography however long ago that was.
But I don’t think he was saying he would do them, just that it could be done.

Lance

I bet the same old sh*t happens with Ray. He'll play the first few shows and then flake on the rest. History usually does repeat itself.

slybird

I know nothing about them, but it sounds like Frank should have made sure his kids an education to fall back on so they wouldn't need to fight over his legacy copyrights and whatever inheritance he left them. I have nothing against pursuing music and art careers, but get that degree or find a skill that people actually want to pay for. Those are four kids that should have had every contact they needed to build very lucrative careers without needing the Zappa legacy.

Route234

The family is not fighting anymore according to Dweezil and Ahmet.

The family has plenty of money. According to Ahmet he has cleaned up the Trust and its solvent and paying the family $ again.

Dweezil has no problems with this tour anymore.

The line up is really good.

Im still not interested......will use my money on the ZPZ band with Dweezil.

Trending Topics