The Blues Jr. Saves the Day!

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
I use a SF Deluxe Reverb for most gigs and a BF Pro Reverb when I need a little more headroom. I took the Pro to a gig yesterday and at sound check it started farting out. Last Friday I had picked up a used Blues Jr w/ a Vintage 30 and my friend installed the BillM basic mods and put in new tubes. Fortunately I had the Bluse Jr. in the car and I used it for the full gig. I did push it's limits on clead headroom, but it performed admirably and sounded great in the PA. Whew!

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Backups rule!!!

Gotta have em. Glad the Jr worked out for you.
I've been gassing for one a bit.

Cottage

And it makes a great amp stand too--as good as a milk crate! My BJ has saved my bacon numerous times as well as being the perfect rehearsal amp.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
Love my little Blues Jr! I use it as a backup and for small or upstairs gigs where I don't want to lug my big amps. I also have one with a V30 and it sounds amazing, I could gig with it solely if I wanted to!

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
Jenk's? that's a big gig
Headliner last night...we opened the summer season on Friday morning at Martell's. Come on down sometime Pete! 6/4 8PM @ Red Bank Riverfest, 6/11 9PM @ The Wonder Bar.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Saw Sonny Wolf in Austin a few weeks back. His main amp went out, so he played the night through a little Blues Jr. Volume maxed out, master at 6. He did everything blues and rock up to hard rock without hitting a pedal or touching the amp and it sounded damn good. Changed the way I think about the Blues Jr.

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I had one that was stolen. I still miss that amp! It would be the perfect swing/backup amp between both of my gigs. It covered a lot of ground and sounded good doing it. Replacing the original speaker is a good idea but they are pretty good stock. I need to get another one at some point!

paperlion25

Backups rule!!!

Gotta have em. Glad the Jr worked out for you.
I've been gassing for one a bit.
I love when amp GAS doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Last year I was wanting a small combo and found a tweed pro jr. for $300 and love it.

Trending Topics