The Bogner Uberkab is the best cabinet ever made for metal!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Megadeth7684, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

One word, perfection. Nothing else needs to be said about this cabinet, it's just incredible. This thing just sounds killer with my 5150 and my Engl, makes them sound WAY better than with other cabs I've owned/played. The bass response is just huge, but it isn't loose at all, very tight and just crushing. One thing I noticed immediately was the amount of crunch this cab added, something I've been looking for and until now, didn't have. As soon as I plugged my 5150 in and started playing, it was instantly that old school Carcass/Arch Enemy tone I've been looking for. Just ****ing awesome, I can't say enough about this cab, it looks great, and it sounds even better. Wipes the floor with every other cabinet I've ever played, by far. Thanks to John at Make N Music in Chicago for holding this cab for me while I got the cash together for it, $1050 shipped. John is a class act and a cool guy, if I ever save up $3800 for an XTC, he'll be the first person I call. Here are some pics of the Uberkab...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

3. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

rock on, brotha. It's a helluva cab.

heck....it's an UBERKAB!!

:D

okok.

4. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

Haha! :D

5. carltonh

carltonh Member

Do they come stock with 2 G12T-75s, and 2 Vintage 30s? That's the way I heard and played one at an ampfest, but I wasn't sure if it was original. We had it with an Uberschall 1/2 stack next to a local amp builder's amp and cab 1/2 stack with 4 Vintage 30s, and we were suprised that the local builder (Cauble Amps) sounded even fuller and deeper than the Uberschall 1/2 stack. I did really like the Uberschall cab's speaker combination though.

6. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

yes, that is stock for the uberkab.

7. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

Actually, I think you can get G12H30's in there as well, but mine has the V30/G12T 75 combo.

8. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

you may be right. this is straight from the bogner site....

New! UBERSCHALL UBERKAB CABINET No picture yet. The UBERSCHALL 4x12" straight cabinet model features a black front speaker grill and a combination of Celestion V30 and G12T75 speakers wired at 8 ohms. This combination unleashes the brutality of the UBERSCHALL amp, it helps to maximize the low end and give great cutting power to the mids/highs. A standard BOGNER 4x12" cabinet with V30's sounds great for the UBERSCHALL as well, but we wanted to offer a cabinet that was fine tuned for the flame-throwing UBERSCHALL.

9. Roe

Roe Member

yes you can get a bogner 4x12 with g12h-30s

10. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

Maybe I'll try that combo if I get a second Uberkab! :eek: :D

11. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

When you are playing through that cab with your 5150 are you usinng you Jackson Randy Rhoads Signature guitar, DOD ThrashMaster pedal and a 200' cable?

12. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

He's got an Explorer dude....metal with CLASS! :dude

How are the cleans on your ENGL, Megadeth? I have a friend who's shopping for a good high-gainer right now (He'd buy a Bogner Shiva like me, but that's not enough). I told him to check out some ENGLs, but he wants to have some good cleans when necessary.

thanks!

13. MattB

MattB Member

"When you are playing through that cab with your 5150 are you usinng you Jackson Randy Rhoads Signature guitar, DOD ThrashMaster pedal and a 200' cable? "

Ouch. Kinda f'ed up right there.

14. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

Haha! I'm not metal enough to be Rip Glitter. :dude

The cleans are awesome on the Blackmore man, very Fender like. I have a clip of the clean channel on this website, but I think it's down right now. :(

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/VirtualStudios/Listen/usersong.php?userid=168797

15. rbone100

rbone100 Member

That what mine has loaded in the top two speakers. The bottom two are V30's. I like the g12h-30's better that the v30's.

Ralphie

BTW - I own a 4x12 VHT slant with P50E's and two Mesa 4x12 Recto cabs loaded with v30's for comparison.

16. Megadeth7684

Megadeth7684 Member

How much of a difference would it make if your speakers were in an X pattern? That's how mine are.