The Cars. Just released The Elektra years box set

Judge Smails

thecars.org
For Cars fans here ,Excellent box set for a nice price $35 gives you all 6 Elektra releases.Remastered by none other than Ted Jensen with Ric Ocaseks oversight at Sterling sound.
After a good couple listens I think they did a great job here and there's definitely an improvement over the original mixes.More bass and less midrange for audiophiles and for anyone interested in getting all their studio releases at one shot for a great price,I highly recommend.Panorama album is a hidden gem!!!
My car stereo is getting a nice workout!
What a fantastic body of work for a band that's finally getting its due.

Marc Roy

I think I'll buy this. I usually go through a phase of listening to the Cars every month or so. I may as well get it in one package.

Elliott Easton is the master of tasteful guitar IMO. Has he ever played a bad note? Is he actually capable of overplaying? It's like playing exactly the right part comes naturally to him.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
I agree. I bought it and the sonic upgrade is huge compared to the old CDs. Big fan, and the mastering job is very well done.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I've always loved how Cars tunes are made up of fairly simple parts that add up to a much greater whole. Greg Hawkes keyboard lines are frequently this toy sounding little ditties, but they're essential to the arrangement. And EE is always a pleasure.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
I always throw this one into a Cars thread. I just dig the guitar sounds in this one:

Trending Topics