The "...caster" suffix: how many?

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
Today I found myself wondering a couple things about the "...caster" suffix.

Wonder the first: how many guitars are there now that make use of it? How many different kinds of "...casters" are there? Name them all, if you know them.

Wonder the second: within the musical instrument world, was Fender the first to make use of the suffix? I know that by 1950 Gretsch already had the "Broadkaster" drums. Anything else?

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
You're talking about official product names, not popular applications? Interesting, maybe Fender does have a trademark on the Caster suffix, but it's not on the list in this legal declaration-- https://www.fender.com/pages/terms-of-use

Fender trademarks include Telecaster, Stratocaster, Nocaster, and the ever popular Starcaster.

Then there are ones mostly Tele variations that have a another word added, like Telecaster Deluxe. Tele Jrs. don't have the caster part though.

Urobouros

Double Platinum Member
Coodercaster is the most common one that comes to mind. Though the Wangcaster was the first one I thought of too :D

twotone

How about the 'aster' suffix?

Broadcaster
Telecaster
Stratocaster
Jazzmaster
Musicmaster

IanRubbish

Gold Supporting Member
My name is Robert and in high school I had a Peavey Strat type that I tricked out and took a wood burning pen to. The headstock said "Rob-O-Caster".

Trending Topics