The compressor that's above all others - Demeter Compulator

frails

Gold Supporting Member
I have tried so many. Some I have really liked. But once I turned on the Demeter Compulator, I knew I had found THE ONE. This thing is so versatile. Right amount of squish and oh so musical. I am finding that I even prefer it as a booster for say the KLONE. I am loving it with humbuckers as well as single coils. And THAT is something none of the others gave me. In the past, I have used a compressor for two things...clean with single coils to give me THAT tone and when soloing with the Big Muffs to steer them a little on the rare occasion that I don't want that wild Muff thing at loud volumes (really the best way to play a Muff). The Demeter does this perfectly. And it's just so nice to step on it in ANY situation, with ANY guitar and with ANY pedal already on and not have the tone go to sht. It really makes all of the others I own or have tried seem one dimensional. Anyway there's my gush for the day. Now I need to change my panties. LOL

sbr

I had one and sold it, it just brought nothing to the table for me. Couldn't really tell it was on unless it was set pretty high.

78deluxe

I've heard good thing about it as well. Have you tried other optical compressors? Or was this your first venture into the optical compressor type of compression?

I've found this is the type I prefer over the Ross/Dyna types, so I'm curious to hear from people that have tried a few opticals to compare them.

frails

Gold Supporting Member
Yes this is my first optical. I went through the list in my head and was surprised by this fact.

Heady Jam Fan

Yea - I tend to like other technology more than Dyna/Ross, especially with humbuckers, though sometimes the color is nice. I like my Maxon CP9pro+ a lot, but I don't use comps anymore.

whaiyun

I have tried so many. Some I have really liked. But once I turned on the Demeter Compulator, I knew I had found THE ONE. This thing is so versatile. Right amount of squish and oh so musical. I am finding that I even prefer it as a booster for say the KLONE. I am loving it with humbuckers as well as single coils. And THAT is something none of the others gave me. In the past, I have used a compressor for two things...clean with single coils to give me THAT tone and when soloing with the Big Muffs to steer them a little on the rare occasion that I don't want that wild Muff thing at loud volumes (really the best way to play a Muff). The Demeter does this perfectly. And it's just so nice to step on it in ANY situation, with ANY guitar and with ANY pedal already on and not have the tone go to sht. It really makes all of the others I own or have tried seem one dimensional. Anyway there's my gush for the day. Now I need to change my panties. LOL

what other compressors have you tried and compared to?

frails

Gold Supporting Member
MXR Dynacomp
MXR Script Reissue Dynacomp
MXR Custom Comp
Ross
Pharoah Amps Monument
Boss CS-3
BYOC (this one MIGHT have been optical)
Keeley

whaiyun

MXR Dynacomp
MXR Script Reissue Dynacomp
MXR Custom Comp
Ross
Pharoah Amps Monument
Boss CS-3
BYOC (this one MIGHT have been optical)
Keeley

Thanks!

One more thing. I notice this on the two compressors I've tried - Keeley and Analogman Bi Comp. Switching between different guitars, the output level is about the same, is there a way to get around that? A hot P90 will lose its hotness and a low output strat pickup will get boosted a little.

frails

Gold Supporting Member
Hmm I don't know if I've had the same experience. But then, I run a lot of pedals and had issues until I put a Cornish LD-3 first in the chain. Now every pedal sounds like it should. Really it's one pedal I could never go without going forward. I know it sounds like I'm projecting all or nothing but I have really been buying/selling/trading a lot of pedals this year and so when I find one that stands above, I think it's accurate to say so.

Thanks!

One more thing. I notice this on the two compressors I've tried - Keeley and Analogman Bi Comp. Switching between different guitars, the output level is about the same, is there a way to get around that? A hot P90 will lose its hotness and a low output strat pickup will get boosted a little.

Astronome

Thanks!

hey dude sounds like this fuchs pedal is exactly what you're looking for! though not a compressor..
http://www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com/products-plush-detail.php?id=pure_gain_plus&cat=2

Trending Topics

Top Bottom