• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Coolest OD Pedal Ever...REALLY!!!

Nickcha

Gold Supporting Member
My close friend, Russel Taylor (Abram Taylor is his stage name) just put this YouTube vid up demoing his new creation, the Wide Open Throttle Overdrive pedal. We started discussing this idea last year and I thought it would go over big. He picks up vintage toy cars and converts them to custom OD pedals.

Russel's been experimenting w/ designing OD devices for a couple years now. He sent me his first prototype - an EF86 monster. And he's been collaborating with Denis Cornell on some ideas.

I think this first prototype is the coolest thing I've ever seen. And on top of that, it sounds spectacular. Hope you enjoy. BTW, his music is really cool. Kind of a melodic-eclectic jazz thing. I've been a big encourager of his music for several years, so check that out too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, that's really cool and VERY VERY creative .. I likey

Eric

BuckeyeBrown

Silver Supporting Member
Now that's an original! How could you not want that on your board? Hell, even if it didn't work!

dincorcelles

I hope he makes pedals out of different vehicles also like tanks,trucks,buses. In particular I would like a yellow school bus type enclosure with a DL-4 type circuitry inside (the 4 buttons will be on the top of the bus) :D

Nickcha

Gold Supporting Member
I didn't mean to sound snitty. But this is just a prototype Russel made. I asked him what price he might make them for - of course, each one would be different - and he had no idea. All I would suggest is that if someone thought it was cool they'd have to talk to him and see if he'd be willing to build one.

jfromel

ok that's cool, you could do a TS style pedal with the IC as a V8 under the hood, led headlights

Cornbread

Very cool.

There was a pedalboard in GP a few years ago that had this same thing. I can't remember the band, but if I come accross it I'll post the picture.

Texas_Blues

I didn't mean to sound snitty. But this is just a prototype Russel made. I asked him what price he might make them for - of course, each one would be different - and he had no idea. All I would suggest is that if someone thought it was cool they'd have to talk to him and see if he'd be willing to build one.
Oh its cause when I posted this thread was in the emporium.

Trending Topics