The Corvette Club. Post all about your Corvettes here! !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Dr. Tweedbucket, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    I like the 55-67 years ... those were such great pieces of rolling artwork! :love:

The only Vette I owned was a 70 350-350 4 speed, and I liked the early C3s. The engine and tranny was great! I bought it at a garage sale of all places! It needed a lot of work so I didn't keep it too long, but here is a pic>

[​IMG]

So, what do you have, how fast have you had it up to? ... and we need pics or it didn't happen. :red

ACfixer, lhallam and Cornbread like this.
  2. sahhas

sahhas Member

wow, that is a nice vette!!! can i ask what you paid for it at the garage sale? just curious.
    it is kind of funny. i have been looking for a vette, originally wanted a C3, but the prices are kind of out of control for me. so i've moved on to looking at the C4s...
    i'm sort of trying to figure out why i want one...it makes no logical sense. other than the fact that i think they are cool and fun to drive!

3. semore butts

semore butts Member

"backfire injection"!! :barf

Clearly known as about the doggiest Vet to ever come off the line!

Really beautiful car though.

Sorry, don't know how to attach an image here.

4. mockoman

mockoman Member

The 63-67 is the sexiest car I've ever seen. The '65-6 was perfection. Never owned a vette, just 'poor man' versions (Camaro).

5. mike6m

mike6m Supporting Member

I totally agree. Always been my favorite generation.

i never owned a corvette and I probably won't, but my dad always talks about his he had when he was younger. He had a red 61 with a 62 engine in it (another great looking generation). My mom claims that when he would haul his speedboat behind it, it was like a billboard that said, "Steal Me."

And that's what happened.

6. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

My dads 57 Corvette. That's me at the wheel in the mid 60's. No seat belts or backseat and went 130 mph. Good family car.
    He had to get rid of it because IBM thought it didn't look 'business' enough in the parking lot. So he bought a new 1967 Mustang Fastback and painted it metal-flake gold. :D

[​IMG]

lhallam, brettk7 and NeuromancerAI like this.
  7. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

^^^ The Bowlerama looks like a county jail.

8. Dr. Tweedbucket

Thanks,

It was something like $4,800.00 It had a weak frame and needed the body to by pulled off so they could put another frame under it or weld the old one up.

It would have cost me more to repair the car than what it was worth, and I'd never get my money back out of it. It had some other issues too with electronic working right. Still, I love the style and the engine was awesome!

I paid a marketing team a LOT of money to come out and shoot a professional video to help me get the most money out of the car. :red This is what they came up with> :huh

:YinYang

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  9. harpinon

harpinon Silver Supporting Member

1978. L1 engine. All stock but has a great paint job. Hard to see here, but there is a bit of very small gold flake in the two tone paint.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I used to have a '73. Great looking car but it was plagued with all kinds of mechanical and electrical problems. Was not sorry to see it go.

(sorry no pics)

11. gpro34

gpro34 Member

All of the old cars were about nostalgia, but to be honest, the newer vettes are ten times better in every way. My C6 can smoke any vette made in the 60s.

don carney likes this.
  12. Teal_66

Teal_66 Member

This is my 2010 Grand Sport parked on Fort Lauderdale Beach, and in its lair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

This one was fun. The brakes were a weak point...

[​IMG]

14. HeyMrTeleMan

HeyMrTeleMan Colonel of Truth Gold Supporting Member

Two Corvettes in my past that stand out: my sister's boyfriend had a 1967 Stingray coupe and it was a real meat machine. In Maroon! (our high school colors, no less!) Every time he came by, the Vette was a chick magnet and all I had to do is sit on my porch and wait for the chicks. (It was helpful to have Larry Ciarlo from across the street to help though. He was a dead ringer for the young Paul McCartney. I wasn't that good looking myself...:anon

The other Vette that stands out was my friend Tim's 69 gold stingray (not just a goldtop, but all over...:cool:) Tim was so handsome he did not need a Corvette to get chicks (he dated Pitt's head cheerleader in college!), but he had it anyway. I looked up to Tim. He was tall.

Oh, one more. In Uniontown where I grew up, a guy had a '63 convertible which was, ahem, a Goldbottom, if you will. :aok Solid gold, freakin' awesome.

I always had what I called the Corvette $15,000 Syndrome. As soon as I could afford $15K for a Vette, they cost $30K. And so on. Chasing an impossible dragon...

15. mike6m

mike6m Supporting Member

The new Vette's are phenomenal cars, but the lines and looks of old cars have been unmatched for decades. For me, I would prefer the look of a 60's vette over most any supercar available today. But your C6 is reliable, safe, fuel efficient, and can out perform the old ones any day.

Dr. Tweedbucket likes this.
  16. imonabuss

imonabuss Supporting Member

I've had two. A '55 and a '57. Bought when I was a kid back when they were really cheap. Back when I lived in Pittsburgh.

The '57 is the one I loved, and radically modified. I still think they are beautiful.

Now waiting for the mid engine one. Of course I also suffer from the $15K syndrome HeyMrTeleMan has...although it's even a bigger gap now!

17. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

I currently own two: A 1972 and a 1973, both coupes. Here is the 1972:

[​IMG]

Let's just say I've had it up into 3 digits on the speedo... :)

The exterior paint of my 1973 is not in good shape (and I don't have pictures of it), but other than that it has been restored and is in very good condition.

Millul and lhallam like this.
  18. Jiffy_Jeff

Jiffy_Jeff Playin Tunes and Having Fun! Silver Supporting Member

This is the only vette I could ever afford. It was the fastest on the block and in my room.

[​IMG]

19. Dr. Tweedbucket

Thanks for the new wallpaper! :love:

This is my all time fav ... color, body style, pipes, everthing :love:

[​IMG]

Kevbo599, lhallam and Eric Rowland like this.
  20. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the DB parking. I guess we will let you off, since you were only 8 at the time. :D