• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Crowd Noise from Concert for Bangladesh is on how many Live Albums?

grateful.ed

Were there Mics hanging over the crowd at MSG?

I was talking to a few guys between their sets the other night and they talking about this show and how the crowd noise was spliced into live albums back in the 70's/80's.

Who's got Facts/Rumours/Ripoffs?

evildik

Don't know about that one, but if you are familiar with Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, at the beginning they use what must be a stock go to sound bite for a hospital scene. I've heard "Dr. Davis, telephone please." followed by "Dr. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton" come over the intercom in countless tv shows & movies. Pay attention the next time you're watching a hospital scene. I swear it pops up in at lest 30% of them.

stevel

Don't know about that one, but if you are familiar with Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, at the beginning they use what must be a stock go to sound bite for a hospital scene. I've heard "Dr. Davis, telephone please." followed by "Dr. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamilton" come over the intercom in countless tv shows & movies. Pay attention the next time you're watching a hospital scene. I swear it pops up in at lest 30% of them.
I did hear that once in a TV show or Movie in a hospital setting and was thrilled with myself for recognizing it.

Look up "Castle Thunder" for some interesting trivia on the use and re-use of sounds.

Steve

The last couple of minutes of cheap trick at budokan is like two solid minutes of the crowd screaming and nothing else. An early band I was in used that bit for a fake live gig recording.

B Money

I stole the crowd noise from "Ruin Johnnys Bahmitzvah" by Me First & The Gimme Gimmes. Used it to make a fake live recording band demo. If you want the sounds of crowd murmuring, clinking glasses, and shuffling feet, this is a great source. Theres like a solid 5 minutes of nothing but the open mics recording a room of people milling about. Its bizzare.

michael patrick

Loud and proud
Silver Supporting Member
It should have been "Dr. Howard! Dr. Fine! Dr. Howard!" :rotflmao

Trending Topics