The Death Song.... Dun, Dun, De, Dun

Anyone know the name of this song? I saw BB King last night and while he was talking about being too old the other guitar player started playing the Dun, Dun, De, Dun thing and it was just cool. I know it was in B the way he played it, but I can't get it.

Thanks that's it! :dude

Now I have to work it out on the guitar, the way it was played last night was for sure a Blues style Funeral March and one of the coolest things I have heard anyone play in a while.

Gigbag

I always wondered why the funeral march sounded like the bridal tune. Is there a connection?

JonR

Thanks that's it! :dude

Now I have to work it out on the guitar, the way it was played last night was for sure a Blues style Funeral March and one of the coolest things I have heard anyone play in a while.
Here's the first bit - in A minor, which is easier than Bb minor on guitar:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New]|--------------------|----------------------------[/FONT][/FONT]
[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New]|--------------------|----------------------------[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New]|-2----2--2-2----5—-4|4--2-2--2-2-----------------[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]
[FONT=Courier New]|-2----3----2----3---|2----3----2-----------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]|-0----3----0----3---|0----3----0-----------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]|--------------------|----------------------------[/FONT][/LEFT]
[/FONT]

I just picked up the new BB King live album and it's on it. Track 7 "All over again" at the 3:17-19 mark. The song is tuned down a 1/2 step in Am.

Here it is: He's playing the octaves

E-------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------
D----7--7--6--7--s/-10--9--9--7--7--6--7----
A-------------------------------------------
E----5--5--4--5--s/-8--7--7--5--5--4--5----

s/ = slide, you have to slide the whole thing back and forth.
You can also single string it on the high E string and Blues it up, which is what he did when I saw them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom