The deepest pedals you've played?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Invisible Man, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

We have a ton of threads about the best dirt pedal, best overdrive, best transparent overdrive...I'm curious to see what kinds of pedals reward the explorers?

I love getting lost in a pedal. The opposite of a "set it and forget it" type, my favorite way to spend free time is by getting odd sounds out of my board.

[​IMG]

I'm still working on the signal chain (I can't decide!), but I'm looking to fill one more spot. I have a Montreal Assembly Count to Five in the mail, and that'll take a spot next to the H9. What can I put in the last slot? Something different, but that might still be interesting.

Fat Fuzz Factory
    Bit Commander (the least tweakable of the bunch, but still a good time)
    Low Pass Filter
    MIDI MuRF
    H9
    Count to Five
    Particle
    Analog Delay
    Boomerang

They kind of need to be top mount 1590B-type enclosures to fit. I have a couple things that are in the running, and I'd love to hear more ideas:

EQD Afterneath
    IE Frantabit
    EQD Arpanoid
    EQD Sea Machine (v2)
    Dr. Scientist stuff (just sold a BitQuest)

I'm really looking for something different, interesting, and something that rewards experimentation. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi(s)...

2. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

I think this video shows you some of the depths the Afterneath can go. I love to post this video anytime anyone asks about what it's capable of.

BTW I have no affiliation with Earthquaker Devices.

3. baklavaa

baklavaa Member

if you don't mind playing around on a computer, I have really enjoyed getting to make my own tone prints for the hall of fame. They give you control of 30-40 parameters to make your own reverbs. endless fun IMO

4. Multicellular

Multicellular Supporting Member

Subdecay prometheus dlx.

red panda particle

5. guitardudeness

guitardudeness Member

6. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Subdecay Vitruvian Mod -E

7. 9520575

9520575 Member

Agree on both counts. I'll add the moog cluster flux.

8. deeohgee

deeohgee Member

Red Panda Particle

9. Sensates

Sensates Member

10. BK Verbs

BK Verbs Gold Supporting Member

Hardwire (Digitech) Supernatural

11. guitardudeness

guitardudeness Member

A little stray from the other mentioned pedals with lotsa knobs and switches:

The Whirwind Perfect Ten. What seperates it from most eq pedals is the Constant Q feature. While most graphic eq boxes are akin to taking a piece of string laid out flat and sliding different parts up or down, moving the parts of the string near it, so do eqs alter each bandwidth, the Perfect Ten is more like having ten seperate bottle caps to slide without causing the others to "lean" different ways.

The result is super fine tweakability far beyond what a GE7 or MXR is capable of. Not to mention almost zero noise or typical hiss. Put this pedal behind any other pedal and it improves the sound dramatically. Place it in the effects loop of an amp and it becomes an extension of the amp, with a virtually limitless array of tonal enhancements which allow an amp to sound like many.

I've gotten lost with this thing just using a simple tubescreamer, and my Peavey Windsor suddenly can more closely mimic Marshall crunch, and even delve into Vox chime or Mesa balls.

12. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

PTD Bone Machine
    Strymon Timeline
    Dr Scientist Cosmichorus

13. mowatsmith

mowatsmith Member

All of the Soundblox II pedals.

14. cas29

cas29 Member

Echolution 2D for me.

Also, to a much lesser extent the Fat fuzz factory.

15. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

Excellent. I already have, use and love the Red Panda Particle. I'll check on the Subdecay stuff--haven't played any of theirs before.

16. Paulstarr

Paulstarr Member

Echolution 2 Deluxe
    Wampler Triple Wreck
    Radial London Bones
    EHX Ehx tortion
    Line 6 MM4
    Big Muff Deluxe
    Fuzzhuger (fx) absynth supreme
    Strymon Big Sky
    EHX Cathedral
    BBE Frostbite
    Boss Ps-3
    Boss Tera Echo

17. jocfan1

jocfan1 Member

Agree. Made by Source Audio, in case anyone didn't know. A little larger than the 1590b box, but actually not as much larger as you might think, so if you've got a little wiggle room you might be able to make it work. In particular, I just bought the Orbital Modulator after some time with the recent tour box they circulated. It's replacing an old Arion phaser (side jacks), and I discovered that I can actually slot the OM into the exact same spot with just a little nudge to the pedal beside it. So much depth of features thanks to the versatility of the Option knob (also true of the Dimension Reverb from the SB2 series).

While we're talking SA, you might consider checking out their new One series pedals with the Neuro interface... just debuted at NAMM: standard-looking boxes/controls, but when you connect a computer or iOS device, WOW! If you're willing to wait a couple of months, that could be something of interest.

18. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Timeline + BigSky = oooooo my-lanta

Also iStomp!

Also much fun to throw a Gravy Chorus (with TonePrints) and a Diamond Tremolo before those, man, sooooooo much fun.

19. Lpmusicservices

Lpmusicservices Member

Out of everything, I'd vote for the Carbon Copy. Set the delay time around 11:30 and Regen at 3:00 and ride the Regen with your foot. I have a big rubber knob from a phase 90 that works well.

Also (many prob do this already) the delay time knob can be used to get some pitch shifting craziness. I'll hopefully post a clip of a song I used that effect on. Really a neat sound for special effects.

Telecasteur likes this.
  20. LaoTzu

LaoTzu Member

the sonuus pedals so much depth its like your in the ocean with hammerhead sharks