• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The difference between Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, according to John Bonham

HERSCHEL

Sorry Guys If I bother you, but talking about Ian Paice, I would ask you to help me in structure Analysys

The Song is "Prelude:Happiness/I'm So Glad"

During The prelude, Pacey is doing a massive work on Snare Drum, adapting to fast tempo imposed From Jon Lord Hammond..
I can hear also he's using HI-Hat pedal at certain points
You can hear this sort of Crescendo on Snare Drum...How you drummer could this tempo?bolero? sory I'm not a drummer

Thanks Guys

He‘s keeping time on the hi hat and mixing in marching band-style rhythms with prog fills.

dazco

But he didn’t say that did he? That’s the journalist writing the article doing what journalists do.
What about the 2 opening words to that sentence did you miss?
For Bonham, the two sets of fans were enticed by different things. While Led Zeppelin fans followed the band for the wild and wonderful sonics, championing the music above all else, The Beatles fans were following the band for their image.
Anyways, if thats unclear to you i'm not going to try and make you see it so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

frijoleghost

Silver Supporting Member
Then that would be something they had in common, rather than a difference, wouldn’t it?

Not that any of the Beatles were particularly into Crowley, afaik.
i reckon the designer of the album cover was behind the crowley photo...never heard the fab four was into devil worship

metropolis74

Babysquid

What about the 2 opening words to that sentence did you miss?
Anyways, if thats unclear to you i'm not going to try and make you see it so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
The two opening words from that sentence are not a quote. And I stand by the fact that he didn’t actually say that and that paragraph you quoted is taken out of context. It’s really very clear if you actually watch the interview. But you are right neither of us will probably bring the other around to our view and we’d end up going around in circles. However I’m honestly not trying to annoy you but I have retaliated to you in this post so it’s only fair that you get the last word in before we drop it and hopefully leave this argument on friendly terms.

dazco

The two opening words from that sentence are not a quote. And I stand by the fact that he didn’t actually say that and that paragraph you quoted is taken out of context. It’s really very clear if you actually watch the interview. But you are right neither of us will probably bring the other around to our view and we’d end up going around in circles. However I’m honestly not trying to annoy you but I have retaliated to you in this post so it’s only fair that you get the last word in before we drop it and hopefully leave this argument on friendly terms.
So "for bonham" was a typo? A lie? Whatever. U can't see the obvious so i'm done.

OJT1212

To Me Bonham was a cocky/big mouth person
He's failry overrated, maybe because of his premature death..

He thought he was the best, When Ian Paice , Ginger Baker and Keith Moon were vastly superior to him

without "making too much noise"

Other drummers who were at his quietly at his level were Mitch Micthell, Carmine Appice and Carl Palmer
Keith Moon wasn’t half the drummer Bonham was. Bonham was a superb time keeper. Keith Moon didn’t even try to keep time, he approached every song like a drum solo. He was all flash and no substance.

Ginger and Ian both superb drummers but not better than Bonham. Bonham literally changed the way the drums were played.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
Keith Moon wasn’t half the drummer Bonham was. Bonham was a superb time keeper. Keith Moon didn’t even try to keep time, he approached every song like a drum solo. He was all flash and no substance.

Ginger and Ian both superb drummers but not better than Bonham. Bonham literally changed the way the drums were played.
Nonsense. Moon's drumming and interplay with Townsend was essential to the music of The Who.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom