• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

The DOD's Looking Glass Thread.

traynor_garnet

Silver Supporting Member
Kind of sounds like a Timmy but gets really bright with higher gain. The one video has so much freakin reverb who knows what the pedal actually sounds like!

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
I really like how DOD is open about their collaborations opposed to how some companies that contract a outside designer do everything they can to make sure it stay's under wraps. Just wanted to say I like how you guys are doing business lately. :)

StormJH1

Andy's video was sweet, but he makes basically everything sound good. The other issue with demo videos and this type of transparent OD is that so much of the demo guitarist's amp tone is coming through, it's easy to fall in love with the amp and playing style as opposed to what the pedal is doing.

The input filter is a unique concept - time will tell if makes this pedal insanely versatile, or if it adds another variable that makes it tough to keep it dialed in. Overall, though, looks very interesting!

I really like how DOD is open about their collaborations opposed to how some companies that contract a outside designer do everything they can to make sure it stay's under wraps. Just wanted to say I like how you guys are doing business lately. :)
I think there's a difference between contract work and a collaboration. No need to try and stir something up.

Jet Age Eric

Looking Glass is taking the place of the 250?! Oh, snap! Tom, I (think I) know you wouldn't retire the 250 if you didn't have something even better in place.

Weirdly, Andy's demo--in which he plays guitars and songs more in-line with what I do--didn't really do anything for me, but the guy you have at NAMM demonstrated what I wanted to hear, despite totally different style of playing and guitar. I look forward to trying one! -E

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
I think there's a difference between contract work and a collaboration. No need to try and stir something up.
Maybe but I feel a big part of the difference is just perspective/perception.

Weirdly I think things are working out pretty cool for guitarists, we retired the new 250 right when Earthquaker came out with their über250 and Christopher and I came out with the Looking Glass. Totally unplanned, but kinda perfect.
Retired the 250!! :eek: I totally missed that! That's a shame my $50 DOD 250 is currently sitting between two $250 drives and holding it's own quite nicely :) I assume the 201 is also on it's way out too and that't the reason for the repeated SDOTDs (glad I already have one of those too). Any other major changes to that line?

lexreverb

I'm vigorously nodding in agreement. Rather than being secretive, celebrate the callaboration.

After hearing Ford's playing in the MusicRadar video (especially beginning around 6:50-7:00), I pre-ordered the Looking Glass. Greatly enjoyed his riffing and tone. Tom, please tell Ford that his playing was great; highlighted each pedal well. Just a really nice sound for both the clean and dirty settings he used.

Also, for either Tom or Chris, any notion of how greatly this'll differ from the Moog MF Drive which seems in the same arena? I have the Moog, really like it, though it remains daunting to find that sound you want on any given day. I plan on keeping both; just trying to give myself some context.

Really looking forward to it arriving! Thankfully, mid-February isn't far away.

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
I haven't spent a ton of time with the Moog, but from what I recall there were some good sounds in there. I know that the LG doesn't have as much gain as the Moog, and our EQ seems more intuitive to me. But of course I'm biased!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom