• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The DOD's Looking Glass Thread.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
Have note tried a BN, but that is how I would describe the low gain side of the LG - juicy. It sounds both clear and fat to me dialed in with the gain around 10:30 -12, bass at noon and treble rolled off a bit. I'm using a TV Jones filtertron loaded Tele, so naturally brighter, hence the treble backed off to about 10:30.
That sounds prettyood to me, thanks!
I had the BN twice but felt it was too compressed but I like the LG in that role as it sounds more open and natural to me FWIW.
For me the BN is just right in the compression department; enough to soften the tone for that juicy feel, but not so much that it loses clarity and gets mushy or humpy. It's the lack of compression in many "open and natural" pedals that make them feel strident and harsh to me, especially in the upper registers.

tideluva

That sounds prettyood to me, thanks!

For me the BN is just right in the compression department; enough to soften the tone for that juicy feel, but not so much that it loses clarity and gets mushy or humpy. It's the lack of compression in many "open and natural" pedals that make them feel strident and harsh to me, especially in the upper registers.

I liked the BN, however when I say open and natural I don't want to come off as saying full and flubby or even harsh. The LG is not buttery smooth however but it does feel right with MY rig. Smooth drives tend to get lost in my rig. FWIW I tend to gravitate to a P90/Quarter Pound tele into a modded Hot Rod Deluxe. My other favorite OD is the Coloccia ID Custom if that helps any. I will also say the LG's controls are EXTREMELY interactive and can change the tone into a totally different palette. (Did I say that right?)

unreal77

lgowEwa.jpg

Here is mine! Love it! Thanks to V and Tom!

Last edited:

biffoz

My uncultured uncivilized ears must not be properly attuned to appreciate the expansive sonic soundscapes created. Forgive my ignorance.

Ummm, Sorry to offend, but that's where the fun lies for me sometimes and I love my LG. Hey, if this clip makes me an imbecile, so be it; I stand by my stomps.

Last edited:

biffoz

Are you Nels Cline?

I love me some Nels and make no apologies for going goofy with my pedals. Love the LG Chris. That comment about no bad settings is true; such a joy and relief to play.

Last edited:

Jo-Jo Beans

Ummm, Sorry to offend, but that's where the fun lies for me sometimes and I love my LG. Hey, if this clip makes me an imbecile, so be it; I stand by my stomps.
Hey man, I wasn't trying to get all annoyed or to make it sound that way, I was just saying that it's totally cool if that stuff is what you're into. Music is completely subjective and who am I to bash someone else's creativity? I was just going about it in the snarky sarcastic TGP way as per usual but I legitimately meant what I said about forgiving my ignorance. Not my cup of tea but if it's yours then that's awesome too.

shoepedals

I love me some Nels and make no apologies for going goofy with my pedals. Love the LG Chris. That comment about no bad settings is true; such a joy and relief to play.
Hehe nice! Yeah I have a diverse musical background, myself. I started out playing classical flute as a kid and did that up until college (I started playing guitar in high school but really got into it fully a bit later). At the same time I had also been playing guitar and bass for years and my dad is also anot avant garde saxaphone/bass clarinet player, but a lot of his friends are blues musicians, so I grew up playing and writing a mix of like classical, experimental music, soundscapes, 90s rock, old blues, and soundtracks.

So, yeah I appreciated that haha.

biffoz

Hehe nice! Yeah I have a diverse musical background, myself. I started out playing classical flute as a kid and did that up until college (I started playing guitar in high school but really got into it fully a bit later). At the same time I had also been playing guitar and bass for years and my dad is also anot avant garde saxaphone/bass clarinet player, but a lot of his friends are blues musicians, so I grew up playing and writing a mix of like classical, experimental music, soundscapes, 90s rock, old blues, and soundtracks.

So, yeah I appreciated that haha.

Haha. Thanks Chris. I really went through a long blues run in my teens, both Brit and U.S. . . Butterfield, Musselwhite, pre-Pigboy Elvin Bishop, Mayall . . . followed by Miles, ProgRock, Krautrock, Post-bop jazz, Erik Satie, Modern Classical and electronic. Lucky me to be playing with hyper-creative dudes, both with modular synths and wack electronics. There's miles of annoying listening ahead after each session. :eek:

Hey man, I wasn't trying to get all annoyed or to make it sound that way, I was just saying that it's totally cool if that stuff is what you're into. Music is completely subjective and who am I to bash someone else's creativity? I was just going about it in the snarky sarcastic TGP way as per usual but I legitimately meant what I said about forgiving my ignorance. Not my cup of tea but if it's yours then that's awesome too.

Thanks for that reply man. I may have some form of musical Tourrettes, cause I can't seem to give up the racket. I also know that taking that mess out in public ain't such a great idea, but the noise wants out! Had me a bonafide TGP moment there. There's a lot more to hate on over at my SoundCloud page and maybe you'd dig more? ;)

Last edited:

yokonamie

BD2 - OCD - LG. the versatility of the drive section is awesome: they stack well each other. The LG is incredible,in low mode it quite kicked the bd2 off the board, but they have a different kind of compression so i decided to keep them both. High mode rocks, bass treble and filter let you shape your tone perfectly.
ATM i'm using LG as low-medium drive then i stack in the other pedals.

Thanks Digitech and Shoe!

I support the double LG idea ;)

@V Alice or Donnie Darko rabbit ?:p

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom