• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The DOD's Looking Glass Thread.

eriwebnerr

Any reports on this pedal? Very interested. Clips are all over the place to me. In some it sounds pretty dark and generically MIB, but in others it is a torrent of harmonic juice. I was really leaning no until I saw this video. Really want one now

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
My fervor has diminished to one last unpopped bubble wrap bubble.

I have been waiting, hesitating, anticipating and frustrating for so very long that now my arteries have hardened and my teeth have fallen out.

This is all a cruel hoax-like mirage like that purported moon landing thingy.

I will lie down now at the curb and wait for collection because I am spent.

May the pterodactyls be kind with my bones.

-bEn r.

68Injunhed

Crawled back in from the curb to respond...

Yeah, but when did Andy make that Looking Glass video? For most people on this board that was like 2 amps and 3 guitars ago.

Crawling back out to the curb...

-bEn r.

:roll:rotflmao

Not so much 2 amps and 3 guitars, but this is one of the pieces I've been waiting on to build my new board.

JJO

Platinum Supporting Member
Prymaxe still doesn't have them... I preordered almost as soon as they were announced, so the wait feels like forever.

eriwebnerr

Yah feeling kind of silly for being on the fence. Not like I couldn't sell it on if I didn't like it and I'm worried about what short supply there is drying up and waiting another 3 months.
In any event, I've been very selective about buying any pedals and I like that strategy better. So I'm going to wait until this thread fills up with first hand experiences before pouncing on this one ... maybe ;)

Here is my Department of Defense Looking Glass:

nextgov-medium.jpg

shoepedals

Any reports on this pedal? Very interested. Clips are all over the place to me. In some it sounds pretty dark and generically MIB, but in others it is a torrent of harmonic juice. I was really leaning no until I saw this video. Really want one now

That's one of my favorite demos as well. I think this one and the Tonereport video that Andy did sound most like the way I use the pedal myself. I think a lot of the variation you're hearing in different videos comes down to player styles, amp choices, and different guitars. I know when we were playing with it at NAMM and various people tried out even the same guitar and amp with the pedal, they all sounded pretty different as well. Ford's playing lends more to a D-style type of sound, Billy playing the same gear sounded like Pink Floyd, a really good chicken picken player came on and it sounded like a cranking fender. When I play it myself it sounds more like an old vox or marshall. That's why it has a mirror finish. You'll see yourself in it in more ways than one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom