The dream is over...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Doomrider78, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

For the first time in my life I manage to actually get out there and start playing with other people. Just as I begin to think I'm getting somewhere, it all gets pulled, partly due to this virus thingy, partly due to the other guitarist constantly bitching about the drummer.

I guess I'm back to playing Madison Square Living Room wearing headphones :(.

I'll probably collect my gear at the weekend and see how Marshall DSL40CR sounds in my apartment :dude:JAM:mob

2. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

I know the feeling. I just started playing out since last September on a regular basis and its all gone... It will come back, but its gonna be a while....

wntbtw, Gibson Dog and candid_x like this.
  3. Shredzilla

Shredzilla Member

4. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

5. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

Keep playing and enjoying. You will be able to do this again in a group setting. Many will be eager to get out and jam once this has moved past a certain point. Not saying things will be the same as it was for a while but at least keep some hope going.

6. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

Don't give up. Things will get better.

7. maxnew40

maxnew40 Member

We are not even rehearsing right now. I have a bunch of live sets I recorded from my XR18 mixer to reaper that I am gong to use to make everyone some practice tracks that they can practice with at home. I will just mute their instruments and vocals and give them a mix to practice with. Probably wouldn't work for the drummer but it should for everyone else.

8. muzishun

muzishun Member

Buck up!

This sounds like the first wave of people blaming the virus for their failures.

Don't be that guy.

HoneyNut, pagemore, RC Mike and 7 others like this.
  9. RG7X

RG7X Supporting Member

I'm in the same situation. Things will come back. If you have more time to practice, show back up like you sold your soul to the devil.

10. sleewell

sleewell Member

its only over if you stop trying.

my new band had our first gig booked for 4/30. not going to give up though, i am sure there will be more.

skhan007, DV52 and SimAlex like this.
  11. HighRoller

HighRoller Member

lol

Yep! You got that part right! All the gig cancellations and lack of events are due to this "virus thingy" that's been going around, and unfortunately won't be going away anytime soon!

12. forgivenman

forgivenman Member

Been there. I find that life comes in seasons. It will probably be time to play again soon.

frankencat, homeunit, RC Mike and 3 others like this.
  13. Gevalt

Gevalt Member

Someone called Doomrider is depressed and is trying to depress others. Film at 11.

14. Fooled Again

Fooled Again Member

Are you able to line your recordings up to a grid? If so, you could create a click track for your drummer (and everyone for the matter).

If it wasn't originally recorded to click, it becomes trickier, but can be done. This was one of my duties at my church gig - creating clicks in Ableton, often so we could play along with prerecorded stems, sometimes with varying tempos.

15. Kevy_Metal

Kevy_Metal Member

I was just getting started myself with playing with other musicians after my singer buddy moved and our band folded. This won't stop me from playing at home since that's what I've always done.

HighRoller likes this.
  16. bobcs71

bobcs71 Member

I had plenty of failures, including but not limited to no gigs before the virus.
    I do know musicians, retail and other workers who were doing just fine until there business shut down in the past week.

17. stonem

stonem Member

Lmao perfect reply.

flume likes this.
  18. Keith Kline

Keith Kline Member

I'm in the same boat - I had just started playing with a band of friends... now this :-(

19. supergenius365

supergenius365 Supporting Member

It’s very small in comparison to what some folks have to deal with these days, but it bums me out that my band had more gigs lined up than I ever have had in 35 years of playing. We were sounding really good and we were looking forward to putting on really good shows.
    Again- small in the grand scheme of things. I hope we all can get back to what we love doing very soon.

DV52 likes this.
  20. Gforce013

Gforce013 Silver Supporting Member

Me too , after 2 years of laying low I finally decided to play again. I put the ad up and got the people and everyone on the same page . And ... then everything went
    Crazy .