• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The DT25 is incredible.

crispsandwich

I've just tried one. I've put a deposit down. It's a great amp on it's own, but I can't wait to pair it with my Pod HD500. I also have a Variax 300. Has anyone tried the amp with an older Variax?

I was stunned by the breadth of sounds I was able to achieve with the amp. The reverb is also really good, although I'll likely hardly ever use it.

Cannot wait until pay day! :D

paulvcarter

I just saw the demo from Adertons on youtube, sounds very good and a great tool to have all the great amps in one box - for real! I'd not use the computer stuff and I don't rate their modeling much.

AndyZ

Carlos Rios is using a DT50, HD500 and an old Variax 500 (because he's a lefty) out with Stevie Nicks the past year. His rig sounds killer! Doesn't hurt he's an amazing player either...

Lawless33

Trying to dump a Fender American Deluxe Strat to buy a DT25 combo. Can hardly wait! I've never owned a tube amp, and have been running my HD500 XLR Left Out to our church's P.A. and 1/4" Left Out to a Tech 21 PE60. It works okay, but I'm not happy at all with my tones. I can only imagine what the DT25 will sound like paired with the HD500.

Wes

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I am thinking of picking one of these up to go with my HD500. Does the direct out on the DT25 sound as good in the PA as direct out on the HD500?

DRS

Carlos Rios is using a DT50, HD500 and an old Variax 500 (because he's a lefty) out with Stevie Nicks the past year. His rig sounds killer! Doesn't hurt he's an amazing player either...
That says something if Carlos Rios is willing to trust an HD 500 for a tour behind a pro like Stevie. Personally, even though I own and really like my HD500, I would not have thought it was up to a pro tour where there can be no mistakes, glitches, or failures.

Audioholic

Spent a good amount of time on a DT25 combo recently, While I generally dislike 1x12's, man this thing sounded great! Spend most of the time on the high gain channels and they sounded very good. No fakeness like the previous incarnations of their modeling

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Man I just can't get along with the DT50. I've tried it three separate times now, is the 25 that much different?

Lawless33

I think much of the lure of the DT amps for HD500 users is how the DT's reconfigure for negative feedback, etc. to stay true to the real amps they're modeling. That's one of the things that's a draw for me over amps like the Mini-Rectifier from Mesa and some of the other great amps I could run with the 4 cable method.

Not that setting up the 4 cable method is that tough to do, but having the L6 Link connection over 4 cable is pretty cool. Can't wait to get my DT25 combo! Now, to sell that 2008 Fender Deluxe American Strat to fund it!:)

Wes

clintmartin

Man I just can't get along with the DT50. I've tried it three separate times now, is the 25 that much different?
What is it you didn't like? What kind of music do you play? I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread but I'm curious since I'm digging mine.

AndyZ

I'll give you another high profile user... Natural who plays with Usher for years has also been using the DT50 and pod hd500 for his world tour over the last year.

SquashPile

I'm very interested in the 25 combo. Just started getting more GAS. I got 10 pounds of boiled peanuts today.

Found some blemished for around $760 with warranty.

jdalf

that andertons video with chappers was very impressive, got me going Hmmmmmm.... what can i sell........

kebotrans

Platinum Supporting Member
Just my opinion. I ordered the DT-50 several months ago with the HD500 - With the HD500 networked in I thought the sounds were ok but not great. However this amp by itself just being an amp is awesome. Running regular pedals through it and using it as a 2 channel amp I was very impressed. I sent the 500 back but kept the amp. I guess I am not ready for the digital part yet but I might come around.

jmp

Silver Supporting Member
I am also seriously considering the DT25/HD500 combo. My only pause for concern is the thought of being married to the amp and not able to upgrade the modeler. If I ever decide to invest in an Axe or something similar I assume I would need a totally different means for amplification. No?

Trending Topics