The Eminence Mick Thomson SLIPKNOT DV-77

slayerbear17

I was always a huge fan of Eminence speakers. I sold my Legends and regretted it. I needed an excuse to get some woofs and this just might be it.

Looks like videos are just coming out for reviews, but I love what I hear so far. An alternative to the V30

Looks like delivery will be in the new year.

I should have some pennies saved up by then.

Ah i forgot how to embed the video

phazerz

Man I rather answer that because of your signature, did it really happen!?! :D

Aside from that I also wait to try/buy the DV-77, I'm quite interested too...

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys,

My favorite speakers are Celestion Redbacks, K-100s, CL-80s, V30s and for lower wattage greenback - Lynchbacks.

How do these Eminence speaker compare to the high wattage Celestion with big bass?

I can't find what wattage these Eminence are? What's the DB? I'll see if I can find.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys,

My favorite speakers are Celestion Redbacks, K-100s, CL-80s, V30s and for lower wattage greenback - Lynchbacks.

How do these Eminence speaker compare to the high wattage Celestion with big bass?

I can't find what wattage these Eminence are? What's the DB? I'll see if I can find.

Mick Thomson is using Omega!? I have to hough he played Rivera.

JoeGags

I was always a huge fan of Eminence speakers. I sold my Legends and regretted it. I needed an excuse to get some woofs and this just might be it.

Looks like videos are just coming out for reviews, but I love what I hear so far. An alternative to the V30

Looks like delivery will be in the new year.

I should have some pennies saved up by then.

Ah i forgot how to embed the video
In your original post you call these an alternative to V30s - what do you think about pairing these with V30s, either in a 2x12 or 4x12?

slayerbear17

In your original post you call these an alternative to V30s - what do you think about pairing these with V30s, either in a 2x12 or 4x12?

There's a handful of people who own them, I'm not one of them yet. I find V30's to be pretty aggressive, These seem to sound more refined and smoother.

Pairing them with V30's I think would be a great idea.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder if these will come in 16ohm versions.
These speakers sound fantastic! Nice alternative to V30’s for hard rock and metal. Bought the Kohle Metal pack and the DV-77 IRs. Prefer the DV-77 for overall balanced sound. The Kohle metal mixes are really nice for 7-string and dropped tunings.

RE: 16 ohms, Eminence replied, “It is only available in 8 ohms at this time. We are looking at the 16 ohm version. No set date yet.”

slayerbear17

These speakers sound fantastic! Nice alternative to V30’s for hard rock and metal. Bought the Kohle Metal pack and the DV-77 IRs. Prefer the DV-77 for overall balanced sound. The Kohle metal mixes are really nice for 7-string and dropped tunings.

RE: 16 ohms, Eminence replied, “It is only available in 8 ohms at this time. We are looking at the 16 ohm version. No set date yet.”
Thanks for the awesome info! Anthony was always timely answering my questions at Eminence.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys,

This should help: DV-77 readout

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know how they compare to Celestion Redbacks and K-100 speakers?
Right now mixing Redbacks and V30s.
I have a 212 with V30/K-100 and another with Redback/Redback. I am thinking of trying this eminence here, but these are 16 ohm speakers. The Eminence is oddly only 8 ohms.

MatrixClaw

Silver Supporting Member
Really curious about these as well. Planning to downsize to two 1x12s and I want one cab to be good for heavy rock/modern metal and the other for lighter rock/blues, but still mix well together. I was thinking a Creamback and V30 but I've used V30s for the past 15ish years and kinda want to try something different. Then again, I love V30s, so... :rotflmao There's just so many speakers I wanna try out and only two cabs kinda limits that.

I liked the V12 Legends I had in my Soldano 2x12, but it only worked for some amps. Always loved it with my 5150, but I sold the 5150 and didn't like it with the Mesa Stiletto, Trem-O-Verb, EVH 5150 III or Marshall DSL, so I sold it, too. I've had some Eminence speakers in the past and liked them well enough but always found them to not record very well...

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Are these out?
Anyone try?
Curious how they are compared to the Mesa bass heavy, H magnet speakers.
I don't like super high sensitivity, clean speakers.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I am surprised this speaker has a small dust cap!
I thought a large dust cap meant bigger and stronger lows with shaved off and warmer highs? Do large dust cap speakers sound bigger?

Then again, many pro cabs use V30s and they can sound huge and thick. Redbacks too.

Accoun

Mick Thomson is using Omega!? I have to hough he played Rivera.
He started experimenting with various amps while touring for The Gray Chapter. According to this interview with his tech... who is Mike from Omega Ampworks.

Trending Topics