The Famous Musician Collaborations that you know or didn't know of Thread...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Dr. Tweedbucket, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    If you know of a cool or interesting callaboration, post it, if you don't know of anything, well now WAKE up! ... maybe you'll learn something here!

I didn't know until recently that Stevie Ray Vaughan played the guitar parts on David Bowie's 1983 Let's Dance! Wow, :eeks I knew the song had some tasty guitar parts but didn't know it was Stevie playing them.

Of course everyone knows this one: EVH played on Michael Jackson's Beat It! I thought that was pretty cool too.

Next?

2. camstudio

camstudio Member

Steve Lukather did the rhythm guitars on Beat it too.
    Only realised recently Dave Gilmore did a lot on Kate Bush's work.

Riffmaster227 likes this.
  3. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

I didnt know joe Walsh was a part of the Eagles until I recently watched the documentary.

4. taez555

taez555 Member

Randy "Yo Dawg" Jackson, of American Idol judge Fame, is the bass player on the Divinyls song "I Touch Myself".

I know he was a studio musician who played on tons of songs, but for some reason I always find this fact more awesome than the rest. :)

5. gennation

gennation Member

Around 1978 John Mclaughlin brought Tony Williams and Jack Bruce together again for a Lifetime sans Larry Young tribute on his Electric Guitarist album...and damn is it SICK!

6. sausagefingers

sausagefingers Supporting Member

Starfleet Project with EVH, Brian May, and Alan Gratzer of REO Speedwagon!

7. 27sauce

27sauce Supporting Member

Did you know that SRV played on JB's Living in America?

8. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

Slash played with Carole King in the 90s. They did "I Feel the Earth Move" and "Locomotion" on Letterman. He also played on a live album of hers doing "Hold Out For Love".

If Slash can play "Locomotion" then I can play just about any cover. :eek:

9. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Metallica and Lou Reed.. oh wait, that's one I wish I had never heard about..

10. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

Holy crap does that make me feel old!

11. micycle

micycle Member

Bryan Adams and KISS! I remember first seeing that name on the dust sleeve of the Creatures of the Night album (I read every word over and over as I cranked that album) and when "Cuts Like A Knife" came out shortly after thought Is that the same guy? Naaaaah, no way... Sure enough it was him, he co-wrote a few others on that record, too. That's definitely not the first name you'd think of when you hear this:

Another odd KISS combo was the year before on The Elder – the name Lou Reed appears on those credits a few times.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

12. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

I heard that The Beatles sang background vocals on the Rolling Stones song 'Dandelion'

Anyone confirm?

13. Pablomago

Pablomago Member

John Mc Fee (Clover, Doobie Brothers) played pedal steel on the Grateful Dead's "Pride of Cucamonga."

Of course, Jerry Garcia played pedal steel on CSN&Y's "Teach Your Children."

14. gennation

gennation Member

Remember Michael Sembello who did Maniac in the Flashshit, I mean Flashdance movie???

Look at this bio...BEFORE the 80's...

Sembello was born and raised in the Philadelphia PA western suburb of Ardmore. He studied with jazz great Pat Martino and began his career in music as a session musician, working increasingly with high-profile artists as a guitarist. By age 17 he was working professionally with Stevie Wonder on electric and acoustic guitar as a studio player on Wonder's Fulfillingness' First Finale. He continued the same year, chosen as one of the core artists who worked on Songs in the Key of Life, an ambitious concept album that took two years in the making. He was credited as lead and rhythm guitarist on most of the tracks, and shares songwriting credit with Wonder on the song "Saturn". The list of pop music personalities he worked with, or wrote for, includes Wonder (from 1974 to 1979), The Temptations, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan, George Benson, Barbra Streisand, Stanley Clarke, David Sanborn, Donna Summer, Miguel Mateos and New Edition among many others.

15. Ephi82

Ephi82 Member

Stones with BB King

Brian Jones on sax with Beatles

Glen frye vocals and acoustic guitar with Bob Seger

Bowie and Lennon Fame

16. loudboy

loudboy Member

There's a pretty good chance that SRV would've been just another journeyman blues dood, if Bowie hadn't given him that break...

Lukather wrote and played on The Tubes "She's a Beauty" and "Talk to Ya Later."

Clover, and some future members of Huey Lewis and The News, backed up Elvis Costello on "My Aim is True."

Randy Jackson was in Journey.

Pete Townshend produced and sang some vocals on "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman.

17. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

If we're talking writing...
    David Johansen (New York Dolls) co-wrote Sight For Sore Eyes w/ Steven Tyler & Joe Perry for Draw The Line.

Tim Pierce played the solo on Runaway / John Bon Jovi

18. 27sauce

Ronnie Milsap on Elvis' Kentucky rain. He also played in JJ Cale's band, prior to fame.

19. BigSB

BigSB Member

Donna Jean Godchaux (former member of the Grateful Dead) wax a vocalist in Muscle Shoals, appearing on "When A Man Loves A Woman" and "Suspicious Minds", among other tracks.

20. 27sauce

2Pac in Digital Underground, and with Hammer