• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Fender Champion 40 has arrived.

modernp

As far as inexpensive amps go this one is right up there. The clean channel is enough to make you want to try one. There are some useable sounds on the gain side but it is not a high gain monster. The effects are what you would expect from an amp in this price range, but the reverbs are actually pretty nice. An added bonus is the addition of a tap tempo.
At 19 lbs it is a blessing to haul around. On its own would it hang with a drummer probably not but I jammed with it last nite with a few buddies and miced thru the PA it was a very useable tone. I did bump it with an OD pedal and it hung really well with the music we were doing: Blues and classic rock.

Seems to be built fairly solid but only time will tell. You do have to order a seperate footswitch for it tho which was $25.00. For a $179.00 it seems to be a no brainer. Will it replace my more expensive amps probably not but it does fit a niche.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
So these are the Mustang modeling engines but with only amp tweaking (no usb, fuse, etc). That simplicity is a plus to me. I'm surprised you're finding its 40 watts wouldn't hang with a drummer though. It should in my jamming situations I'm guessing as I'm not playing in loud groups anymore.

I think I read the cabinets are very cheap, have you found that so? Changing the speaker seems to be tough because of the cheap baffle I think I read somewhere.

modernp

Right now after the speaker has broken in I feel no need to change it. It is 40 watts but that's solid state wattage. The cabinet feels substantial enough to drag it around with some care. Still really liking it. Have it downstairs miced thru the Pa bumping it with a gain changer and it does just fine. I will take it to an open jam soon just to see if it will hang if not the Blues junior will be there also.

Trending Topics