The Finest Trem in Town

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SWSNick, Oct 16, 2008.

1. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

I have the wiggler and I really like it but I'm looking for something that isn't as affected by the gain i'm using, or maybe you mad professors of tone can suggest the correct placement to put my trem so it doesn't overdrive. So the best trem pedal on the planet, the one that blew your mind

2. hbentley

hbentley Member

i've had alot of them and the vibutron is my favorite. as far as placement, trem's are usually placed at or near the end of the chain.

3. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

swamp thang=more swirl and irregular ramping

4. BTBAM

BTBAM Member

5. Tube Guy

Tube Guy Silver Supporting Member

I've currently got my old Swamp Thang, newer Creme de la Trem (with the latest mods) and brand new PowerGlide duking it out (actually not duking it out as they're all great).

Previously, I've owned a Demeter and Cusack, and tried the Red Witch and some others.

Disclaimer: I like bias trems so if they don't 'swamp' asymetrically they don't stay.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  6. shngn7

shngn7 Member

Keeley modded TR-2. Closest thing to the trem in a SR that I have ever found. Extremely clean and can even be used as a clean/color boost with the rate and depth knobs done and skirted volume knob up.

7. benjammin

benjammin Member

On the high-end, the Goatkeeper and the Empress both sound fantastic. For those on a shorter budget (aka ME), the BYOC Trem is gorgeous.

8. mr.blacksummer

mr.blacksummer Member

demeter tremulator...best 'simple' straight forward trem.
    tasty tones...great speed range.
    more bells and whistles? I'd do the cusack or empress.
    as others have stated...I place trems near the end of the chain...just before the delays.
    good luck.

9. geetarman

geetarman Member

The Vibutron is very very nice indeed it was the best I'd heard up til my Powerglide showed up.

10. jb1911

jb1911 Member

This man knows of which he speaks.:AOK

11. eric-d

eric-d Member

I have yet to find anything that even comes close to my ToneCzar PowerGlide....

12. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

I've thought about the Demeter. The sound files sound really good, but the non-standard power jack does bug me. I also don't think it's true bypass. I might be wrong about that, though... :messedup

13. Strung Up

Strung Up Member

Yup . . . for me, in terms of sound, flexibility, and wandering across the line from effect to playable instrument.

14. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

One Spot sells a $3 adapter that will let you use your Boss style adapter with this pedal.

15. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i've got a goatkeeper, and have had several other trems (TR2, Empress (x2), TAW, Supa Trem, MM4, etc). The goatkeeper almost doesn't even fit in the trem catagory, more like a percussive creative tool. my fav's were as follows:
    Goatkeeper
    Empress (most usable live trem on the market IMHO)
    Supa Trem (i know i'll get flak for putting this over the TAW)
    Cusack
    MM4
    TR2

16. highfive!

highfive! Member

I say it in every trem thread that comes up, and I'll say it again! Vintage Technologies BFD. If you have one, then you know. Empress comes in at #2 for features. Supa-trem, bleh. I would love to try a Goatkeeper.

17. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I had a Boss style jack laying around when I got my Tremulator. I tore it apart, drilled the hole out to 1/2" and put the Boss jack in. I don't know why Demeter stays with that style jack, it just puts people off. I emailed them and asked why and they said "Why doesn't everyone else change over to my style of jack? Buy an adapter and use it.". One of the rudest emails I've ever got from a pedal builder.

The Tremulator sounds great, otherwise and so does my Empress. If you want lots of options and don't mind the larger size, go with the Empress. If you want a smaller box with less options, the Tremulator is great.

18. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Another vote for the Frantone Vibutron. Sold mine a few months ago and regretted it terribly. I just bought it again (at the old price). The simplicity and incredible tone of this trem is hard to beat.

19. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

I had the dunlop, not really impressed,
    I played the BFD really great sounding. not that versatile.
    I heard from a friend that the cusack is great
    but I still have catalinbread semaphore.
    One of the best!!!

20. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I have a T C Juaernig Twin Rate Tremolo and think it sounds pretty good, but I never see these mentioned in tremolo threads. I don't know if they're that rare, or that the ones that get mentioned are truly better. The Juaernig does have two speed settings, but no tap tempo, and no switches for wave form.

John