The First 5 mins of This is some of Al Di Meola's most Gorgeous Playing I've Heard..

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by parker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. harry65

harry65 Member

Piazolla was a true genius and I don't throw that term around lightly , amazing stuff........

jimijimmyjeffy likes this.
  2. fataxeman

fataxeman Supporting Member

Al's Elegant Gypsy is one of my favorites. I'm still kicking my lazy ass for not going to Atlanta when he came through playing the entire E.G. album and I assume more. If any of you caught that show, how was it?

*Edit....decided I would play some E.G.. I have a music on a NAS/local hard drive storage and it had a problem a couple months ago. Took a crap, so to speak. I had backups but had to buy a new one (NAS). About this time, in addition to the whole thing not working, I figured out that random albums/artists were somehow deleted.

Add Al Di Meola to the list. Good thing I have Tidal now as I am playing "Elegant Gypsy & More (Live). Ain't the interwebz amazing?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. freedom's door

freedom's door Supporting Member

The clip in the Op had some of my favorite playing I've heard from Al- reminded in a way of Bill Connors' "Theme To The Guardian" album.
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of Al's music, but pieces like this are when he is at his best for me as a listener.

4. MrX

MrX Member

Al is simply a monster! I wish I had 1/32 of his talent.

5. DRS

DRS Member

Al has gotten me into Piazzolla.