The Fulldrive is sooo pass'e.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gururyan, Jul 13, 2006.

1. gururyan

gururyan Member

We all know that pedals hit a social prime until the GAS fades and the next best thing is out. I was just noticing how the Fulltone Fulldrive is so pass'e these days. It seems that Keeley's comp is headed that way too if not already there. Now don't misinterpret me, I am not saying there is anything wrong with the pedals...this is only a social interpretation and observation from a GAS'ers point of view.

So, what can you think of that's pass'e in the world of GAS. Keep it cool, this is for fun.

2. deluxemeat

deluxemeat Member

the digitech whammy pedal revival. came,went, came back, went again.

3. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

Vintage pedals are so pass'e.

It's not the first time that vintage pedals were pass'e either. Nope.

They were pass'e just before they became vintage.

Now there's the new and improved teflon coated clones. They'll never be vintage. Nope.

Clones can only be pass'e once.

4. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

Remember the Tonebones!!

They have no buzz about them at all anymore...but I still dig em.

Bob

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The E-H HOG is the replacement boutique Whammy with the appropriately unreachable price tag...:worried

6. sman

sman Member

I still dig my tonebone classic. It is not the only OD/Dist I use but I keep thinking I am going to buy something to replace it but haven't (it takes up some space)

7. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

Tubescreamers are soooooo passe and it seems that Keeley and analogman have slipped away.

And lovepedal is like so 5 minutes ago:D

8. radcliff

radcliff Member

Keeley BD-2
    glad i didnt get one

Analogman TS-9

MJM London Fuzz was all the rage

...and i love my fulldrive

9. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

But the Fulldrive, Klon and Keeley Comp are used everyday by a whole lot of touring pros, many of whom are very recognizable because they still sound great and have essentially attained a classic status the way a TS or Dyna Comp or Fuzz Face has years ago. A lot of the (most) "boo-teek" pedals that are a dime a dozen today and which many here constantly bring to our attention and often praise as the next great thing are passe very quickly too and yet most of them do not attain a respect that the above mentioned pedals and a few others do. I think Analog Man and Keeley are also still very viable concerns. Keeley has a full page ad in this months Vintage Guitar magazine with Brad Paisley, a great player so I would not worry about Robert or Mike Piera going anywhere. Those guys were really on the pioneering front alonside Mike Fuller when it came to the new wave of classic stompers in the mid 90's.

10. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I thought Toadworks would catch on because Howard Leese was said to be using them. The RC Booster is hot because Scott's CAE amp sounds so good on the clean chanel. I'm thinking of getting one.

Something I think is fading fast at least for me is using two amps at once. Because I couldn't find a Framptone I'm using a George Lynch Tripler for my JCM800 and Avenger. Honestly, I prefer just using one amp at a time.

11. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

I dont think Keeleys quality is being questioned - just the bizz has died down. I think where toadworks hit the wall is with there reduz delay - that is a stinker IMO and put me off anything else of theres!

12. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

Yep, my gear is passe and y'all can bite me. :rolleyes:

IMO either you can play or you can't -- and how fashionable or expensive your gear is is pretty much irrelevant if you can't. :AOK

13. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

After years of using an FD2 FM I did find that when I went to using a Vox it was a little cloudy in the mids but I think through certain amps they can sound great.

Everybody loves Greg V's tones and playing and isn't that an FD2 I spy on his pedalboard?

14. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

Pedals are pass'e, this weekend it's guitar to amp...PERIOD! Celebrate your pedal nudity by playing without any pedals. I'm doing it, you should too!

15. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

All that means is that we'll now spend twice as much time talking cables!

16. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

WHEWWWW!

The E-thing went by so fast that I inadvertantly saved $450! :D

17. clothwiring

A cable never made that much difference to me, as long as it's long enough, I could pretty much care less. I do like my CBI with the little jack thing that when I pull the plug it kills the signal to the amp. Works great and I can always just pull the plug with no worries.

18. raz

raz Member

When I first started hanging here regularly in the spring of '04, it was V-Stack here, V-Stack there, Classic and Tweedy everywhere. And they were getting snapped up like crazy here for over $235 used. They were passe by like the end of the year, and I think I can count on one hand the number of posts for them I've seen in the past two years. That was my introduction to TGP hype.

I was gassing hard for one when everyone was raving, but was short of cash then. I bought a FullDrive II instead.

Still have the FDII.

19. clothwiring

I just pulled my FDII 10th home and replaced it with Xotic's BB Preamp. The BB is a bit less compressed though a different tinge to it than the FDII so I have to experiment.

20. EddieFeder

EddieFeder Senior Member

Strange, I contacted 3 Fulltone dealers last week and they all said they were 9 monhs backordered on Fulldrive2's. Finally found one at Musictoyz. Teddy said it's his #1 selling pedal, still.