The genius of Roy Thomas Baker....

67blackcherry

I knew he was a creative genius, he's produced so many great bands but after watching Bohemian Rhapsody and telling my girl about him, I looked up his producing credits...

DAMN!!

Nazareth
Queen
Journey (Infinity & Evolution, their greatest albums IMO)
The Cars
Foreigner
Devo
Motley Crue
Ozzy
The Darkness

and so many others...that first Journey album he produced has a lot of 3/4 time signatures, I wonder if he brought that to the band after working with Queen?

Scafeets

Great producer.... I got to poke around the studio when he was preparing it for the Cars. The drums were on a riser with several sheets of plywood attached to the wall behind them. There were contact mics all over them and the riser, and the engineer was getting ready to close-mic the drums. I think a lot of what has been attributed to a healthy dose of delay is actually the thwaking sound of those contact mics on the plywood.

taco-man

Supporting Member
I learned today that he was going to produce an album for Yes, but the group split up.

Rotten

Silver Supporting Member
I knew he was a creative genius, he's produced so many great bands but after watching Bohemian Rhapsody and telling my girl about him, I looked up his producing credits...

DAMN!!

Nazareth
Queen
Journey (Infinity & Evolution, their greatest albums IMO)
The Cars
Foreigner
Devo
Motley Crue
Ozzy
The Darkness

and so many others...that first Journey album he produced has a lot of 3/4 time signatures, I wonder if he brought that to the band after working with Queen?
What Queen and Journey is in 3/4? (I'm not challenging; I'm curious).

Trending Topics