The ghost in your thread closet

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GonzoBananas, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GonzoBananas

GonzoBananas Member

Hi all,
    I've been using TGP as well as other forums as learning resources for a little over a year now. I just never created an account. I've been a model citizen in that i search and search until i find the questions asked and the answers given. So i've never had to post until now. Now i've even aquired enough knowledge (or mis-information ;-) ) to contribute when appropriate.

I started acoustic guitar my senior year in high school, back in 99. My high school had a guitar elective class, but i was finally ready to start a music discipline as it was in my blood, but i heavily lacked discipline in my youth. I even took music theory for non-majors and classical guitar 1 & 2 in college (before dropping out). Eventually i drifted over to drums after being really inspired by Danny Carey of Tool. I've stayed with drums ( off and on ) up until a little over a year ago when i decided i wanted to start composing my own music and therefore got into electric guitar. I'm hooked. Part of me wishes i had gotten into electric guitar when i was young, as i find it much more inspiring than the very nice acoustic guitar i had, which i got bored of. However, i am enjoying coming back into guitar relatively novice, at the ripe age of 36. It's all fresh & brand new to me, and I also feel that beginning composing here, i have a much better foundation in life experience. Though, of course, i wish my chops were a decade or so further along.
    With drums, once i got my set configured the way i like, it was set and forget. So i haven't been a gear hound with bad GAS in a very long time. Electric guitar has so many more options, and we are in the golden age of options here. I know it's really all about playing and practicing, but after my arms are exhausted, i find hunting for gear and learning the technical side of music hardware is so much more fulfilling then watching "TV".
    Figure i'll mention I enjoy many genres of music, if it's got soul. However i am centered in rock n' roll. If i had to pick 3 bands in my lifetime it would be Tool (n' friends), Queens of the Stone Age, and Tori Amos.

Thanks to everyone that contributes and makes this forum such a valuable resource on my quest for my sound.

see you around

shane88 likes this.
  2. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim