The Gibson hologram

scottlr

Can someone show a pic of it. I see the nasty signature all the time, but never have I seen the hologram.

airportbar

LPP15H3CH1_NF_14.jpg

jlb32

I definitely think they could have did things a lot more classy to commemorate Les Paul's 100th birthday over that horrible looking hologram and scribble on the headstock.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I give them an A for intention and an F for execution, with the hologram and the signature both. C average?

janosfia

Several years down the road, should these models ever be worth anything substantial, would the lack of the hologram devalue the instrument? I'm just wondering because if I ever got a 2015 Gibson the first thing I'd do is remove it. I'm not even sure it would be able to naturally stick to the instrument over the long run.

vbf

I was forced to remove it from my 2015 Classic. It was having a significant effect on tone. Apparently, the resonant frequency of the hologram is equal to that of the neck that nearly went unbounded when playing minor fifths above the fourth fret. :)

airportbar

Several years down the road, should these models ever be worth anything substantial, would the lack of the hologram devalue the instrument? I'm just wondering because if I ever got a 2015 Gibson the first thing I'd do is remove it. I'm not even sure it would be able to naturally stick to the instrument over the long run.

It has finish over it. Not going anywhere unless you take an abrasive to it.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
I can think of a dozen different pics of Mr. Les Paul that they could have used.

gibsonES330

Several years down the road, should these models ever be worth anything substantial, would the lack of the hologram devalue the instrument?

I would propose that, with very few exceptions (some of the rare one-off's/GOTM's), modern, post-90's, Gibson USA models are not going to be desirable to collectors, or ever considered vintage; too many have been made and the quality is too low.

Neopolitian

Wait...so the guy's name is Les Paul? (joking)

OP doesn't know how to do a google image search? It's fast and powerful!

wcfields

Supporting Member
One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on ANY guitar (a close second would be that tuner thing above it)......

Trending Topics

Top Bottom