The Gibson SG 3-SC........I'm intrigued.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I tired one unplugged for a second. Didn't like the neck so I put it down right away but that's a personal preference thing.

Aslan

Wichita Band Instruments (316) 684-6252 has one of the Gibson SG-3 single coil guitars in sunburst that is brand new and they are blowing it out very cheap! I buy most of my gear there and they're great to deal with, hope this helps. And by the way, with the 6-position switch you can get some very interesting tones. I have the Gibson SG-3 with the humbuckers and use it weekly on gigs.

ThugLife

I remember this being a GOW from 07. Not a bad guitar, the blade Pups give it a unique sound. From what I remember, it plays a bit "cheesey". This guitar is not for everyone!!

Han Solo

Gold Supporting Member
The thing is, I'm mostly a strat guy, but love the chunky neck of my LP. I was wondering if this would be half-way a strat and a LP. It's cheap too so there is room for mods.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
The thing is, I'm mostly a strat guy, but love the chunky neck of my LP. I was wondering if this would be half-way a strat and a LP. It's cheap too so there is room for mods.

I do recall the neck being on the chunky side which is why I didn't like it.
May be just what you are looking for.

Mattbedrock

A player who collects
Gold Supporting Member
SG-3.jpg

It's one of the all brown faded finish ones.

GibsonStrats-1.jpg

It's one of my Gibson Strats - i.e. Gibson's with 3 single coils.

While I wish I had held out and bought one of the burst ones (I think they are ash bodies?), when this came out as a GOW, I had to have it. As you can see' I've always had a fascination for 3 pickup Gibsons.

This guitar is really very nice. It's all mahog with a 1 piece, no volute style neck. It's a little beefier than my SG Std but thinner than my '59 VOS LP. The 6 position rotary pickup switch gets all the start combinations plus neck/bridge. It is not as intuitively easy as the strat 5 way, but it's ok. The blade style pickups are quite hot - more so than std strat p/u's but not unpleasant sounding.

I can highly recommend it to anyone who likes the feel of a Gibson neck and scale length but wants to get some single coil sounds. It does a credible SRV sound and the bridge/middle has a nice quack.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I played one.

Not impressed.

Wrong guitar for three single-coils imho.

Han Solo

Gold Supporting Member
The block inlays make it look a bit more classy then the one I'm looking at, but if I comes close to the sounds you're describing it might be just what I'm looking for. Nice collection indeed, Matt.

antropos

Can anyone tell me how to see the difference between the Gibson SG standard 3-sc and the Gibson SG special 3-sc?

I came across a Gibson SG standard 3-sc, and I really like the concept... But now I came across this thread and I don't know what the difference is between a standard and a special... is there a difference? if yes, what is it?

How much is a Gibson SG standard 3-sc GOTW 2007 worth?

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: never mind, I have found the difference: the GOTW version has inlays and binding.... thanks though for pictures :D but does anyone know the value of this beauty?

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom