The glorious world of guitar stands... Rugged Multiple guitar versions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Barnzy, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

I have been upgrading my gear lately and got a great recommmendation for mic stands over in rec./live sound forum. I wanted to do the same with my guitar stand. I need a quality stand for 3 guitars and want TGP recommendations. Tired of the tippy, ten dollar junk so show me the good ones...industry approved stuff please.

2. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

3. dbagchee

dbagchee Supporting Member

4. Chance

Chance Member

K&M Guardian stands are awesome! I also like the K&M wave stands if I just need to take a guitar or 2 with me. I don't know if you're looking for attractive stands for a studio or if you want something to take out to gigs.. For studios there are much more attractive quality stands

PBGas and Barnzy like this.
  5. ksandvik

ksandvik Member

If you really need to have the guitars displayed, get a rack stand. Anything else is too wobbly and only useful if you want to relic your guitars the real way and hope that the neck will not break *). Otherwise I just keep my guitars in soft cases behind or next to the amp/cab between sets. Works fine. The only time I recently had a nick on my guitar was when I had to use a stand and of course the singer triggered a fall.

*) you might be careful but not the drunk drummer, or the group of sudden background singers storming the stage, or the distracted sound engineer fixing cables, or the singer taking a jump backwards...

Barnzy likes this.
  6. rusty

rusty Supporting Member

jimbugg, jasevenny and James like this.
  7. GtrGeorge!

GtrGeorge! Member

I don't give praise easily, but fwiw: The HERCULES Triple Guitar Stand GS432B holds 3 guitars smartly. It's built like a tank, doesn't cost too much and has never let me down at every gig. If you are carrying more than 3 guitars at a gig..you need a roadie..not a stand!!

8. CEFlint

CEFlint Member

I also use the Hercules 3 guitar rack. Hasn't let me down in 6 or 7 years. Solid, portable and lightweight.

9. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

Most roadies can't hold more than 3 guitars at a time, either.

Flatscan and hudpucker like this.
  10. Wag

Wag Member

Another nod for this unit. I bought one about 5 years ago and it is still doing its job as we speak. Very stable and it treats my guitars as gently as I do.

11. 108

108 Member

I've heard stories about the Hercules stands rubber falling apart or rubbing off on guitars. I see some people have had them for years without issue, but the complaints are not uncommon. Just something to be aware of as a consumer. I've been wanting one for a couple years but those issues have held me back.

12. MartinCliffe

MartinCliffe Member

I have the Hercules 3 guitar rack (with two extra holders for 5 guitars) in my studio; live I use the 3 guitar GS432B as mentioned above. Both are great, but the footprint of the GS432B is too big for my little studio room. For my Les Paul (only guitar with nitro lacquer) I keep a cloth between it and the rubber, just in case.

stark likes this.
  13. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Get a Quiklok. Hercules have been known to mess with nitro finish.

14. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

Those Quiklok's look very cool. I'll have to check them out.

I like my K&M and Hercules stands.

15. DewieCox

I have the 5 slot guy and it works great. The heel cradles will hold all my guitars in place without them neck cradles support, even my offset Jazzy. No finish issues on my Gibsons.

16. jimbugg

jimbugg Supporting Member

These are the real deal. Spendy, admittedly, but you'll never look back. If you're looking for "industry standard," this is it.

rusty likes this.
  17. jswilliams

jswilliams Supporting Member

I haven't tried hercules but when I was in the market reviews pointed to K&M being one of the best - I now have 3 different models of their stands and they are the nicest most stable stands I've ever used.

18. GtrGeorge!

GtrGeorge! Member

Looks like the consumer has alot of choice here! But I do insist no problems with my Hercules..and Ive NEVER heard anything about finishes hurt by a Hercules stand. Got proof??? So far, my 3 guitar stand has never given me trouble...and at this price point, I think its a very good deal.

19. dilznik

dilznik Member

To everyone recommending the HERCULES Triple Guitar Stand GS432B. You clearly don't own a Steinberger.

20. DewieCox

Google is your friend, but aside from that Hercules changed their ad copy from "safe for all finishes" to "safe for most finishes". That right there tells me they've received enough complaints to warrant the change in wording.