The good and not so good of the D'Lite OD?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by toneman335, Jan 19, 2008.

1. toneman335

toneman335 Member

For those that are in the know can you give a complete review of the D'Lite OD amp. In other words, what are the good and not so good qualities of the D'Lite OD amp?
    Perhaps a comparision to othe OD type amps would be helpful.

2. jazzguitarplay

jazzguitarplay Member

i ve never played one but Ive heard clips previewing the clean and o/d tones and i cant find anything bad about the sounds, the price seems very fair to for a amp of this calliber, when compared to other boutique amps on this level. Whats your opinion ?

3. guitarsnguns04

guitarsnguns04 Member

Great amp. I have had a bunch of the high end amps and the D'lite will do what it says it will do.It sounds like the clips you hear. It doesnt need any special studio manipulation to make great clips. I built one and have tweaked it to my taste and love it. I have had much more expensive amps that will not touch it. Great amp and a real amp!

4. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I heard one at the NAMM show yesterday and I have to say hands down it was the best sounding amp I heard there to my ears (and I heard about 3 dozen amps). Just unbelievably sweet tones - the best of the Dumble inspired amps I've heard. (this was the D'lite 44).

5. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

I like it better with 6l6's than with 6v6's. It's a really good sounding amp, especially with a celestion 65 watt speaker. I had a TR custom and sold it as I just wasn't into the dumble tone enough to justify having a $3.5K amp dedicated to it.

The d'lite covers that ground and I actually like the lead sound better. It's 1/5 the cost (kit).

I could'nt bee happier. It's most likely going to become my main amp.

6. rgee27

rgee27 Supporting Member

Played the 22 at NAMM yesterday. Moss explained all the cool features and it sounded great. Smooth and touch sensitive OD. I wish I had spent some time with the 44 now. Should I order the HRM option????

Richard