The Good, the Drunk, and the Noisey...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by fatback, Jun 17, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

...that pretty well sums up the audience at a small cafe gig I had last Wednesday in the Mission here in SF. My friend Jeff Mooney, (from the Tunnel Jam vid.), has a regular night at the Revolution Cafe and sometimes I sit in with him and play our ussual laid-back improv jams. He handles percusion, keyboard/bass, and vocals while I get the luxury of just playing guitar. ;)

This particular night there was a book reading/signing before us which attracted an overflow crowd. This worked well in our favor since the crowd was already happily settled/drinking when we started playing. The only downside was that there were also a lot of rowdy conversations going on. It was more like a jam session with the crowd really.

Anyways I had a great time. I had my camera by the keyboard and a cute girl asked if she could take some pictures.

"Well of course you can... wait how about shooting a movie..."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6211247277848176385
    morricone bolognese

I'm using my GVCG tele through a Tap-O-Whirl trem, Morning Dew EQ, and into a Lovepedal 1/2watt classic through a Mojo 1x10 cab with a Weber blue pup. It's just the right size and volume for the cafe gig.

cheers.

2. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Cool gig...sounds like a fun....nice groove.....

3. seafoamer

seafoamer Member

nyce, d00d!!! i really enjoyed some of ur movies/playin'!
    this one, the finger cam, the burdy one, the ouside one, all veryyy nyce!!!!!

4. mikem

mikem Senior Member

I liked the feel of that clip- it had a nice deep groove that went with the dingy ambience of the place you were playing. I also have dug all of the clips of yours that I have heard. You seem to be the kind of player that I like to aspire to- play with anyone in any situation and make it work.

Mike