The Grammys snub Jeff Hanneman RIP

2HBStrat

DRS

A TV musical is not a new musical genre - it's a new TV genre. The music is just rock and pop from the past till present.

RIP for Hanneman, though.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
I think the OP was saying Slayer helped create a new genre.
Yep. My whole point was they snubbed Jeff Hanneman, a past Grammy winner, but they pay respect to an actor on a TV show?

In addition, I wasn't serious about the TV Musical either.

I edited my OP to be clear.

taez555

Actually he wasn't snubbed.

Much like the majority of Grammy Winners this year, he was honored at a separate ceremony earlier in the day.

stratocat63

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, I caught that.

Cop Rock wasn't the first either. I'm thinking maybe I Love Lucy.
I think of musicals (which I don't generally like very much) as stories where the characters all of a sudden break out in song. Spontaneously and naturally of course. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what constitutes a musical.

I remember Ricky at the club, etc., but I don't recall that happening.

Not sure I remember any episodic TV in the musical form before Cop Rock. And all I remember about that besides the musical part was the hot blond female cop. Naturally ;-)

chrisr777

To be honest, I've never seen Cop Rock or Glee. I was under the impression Glee is just kids who perform songs, not busting out in song in the middle of a scene. I guess I thought it was more along the lines of the Partridge Family or the Monkees where there was a story and then they perform a song or two.

Now that I think of it, I believe I saw Jeff Hanneman's last performance with Slayer. He came out for a couple of songs at the Big Four show in Coachella a couple of years ago. He actually looked pretty good, all things considered.